EIGHT

Carla was upset. Extremely upset. How can her boyfriend keep such a secret like that? The girl tried to not overthink everything. Maybe the boy had a reason why he did it.

The girl didn't bother to knock on the door before barging in. Shane wasn't here and if Oren wasn't then she wouldn't be walking into anything blinding.

"Hey babe." Oren said, looking up from his book.

"Hey." Carla said, sitting on the chair near his desk.

"Is everything okay?"

"No."

"No?"

"No."

"Okay, you wanna talk about it?"

Carla nodded. "Yup definitely."

"If this is about Costa and what happened I promise you that nothing is gonna happen and nothing has happened yet so please stop worrying and..."

"That's not why."

"What?" Oren asked, confused.

"What'd you do today?"

"Nothing much why?" Oren shrugged. 

Carla nodded. "Heard the new girl asked you out."

"You mean Josie?"

Carla nodded. "Yup."

"She didn't ask me out. She asked if I wanted to have lunch with her and I said yes."

Carla scoffed. "That's basically a lunch date."

"It wasn't a date. The only dates I want to go on are with my girlfriend." Oren defended.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I can have friends with the opposite sex Carls and I have lunch with girls too. So why is this a big deal?"

"The big deal is she likes you."

"No she doesn't." Oren shook his head. He didn't believe that. Was it so hard for his girlfriend to believe he can be friends with girls?

"Yes she does. I see the way she looks at you. It's exactly the same way I looked at you when I first saw you."

"I guess I'm just that charming." Oren said, jokingly.

"This isn't funny."

"I'm not saying it is. I'm just saying you have nothing to worry about okay. It was wrong of me to not tell you I had lunch with her and I'm sorry. Next time I'll tell you." Oren apologized to the girl. "Now can we cuddle?" He opened his arms for the girl.

Carla sighed, not wanting to forgive him so easily because she knew in her heart the new girl was gonna be a problem. But that's a problem for another day. Right now all she wanted to do was cuddle with her boyfriend.