FORTY-ONE

1 month later

Life has been better than Carla expected it to be given how it started. After the rescue, Madame Dubios was arrested and charged for the murder of Ramon Costa. She is now serving 30 years of jail time for it plus kidnapping a minor, foraging papers, and not paying her taxes.

Caleb confessed and showed where Madame Dubios hid the murder weapon that she used before she choked the man and it was her idea of giving in the anonymous tip.

June explained to the girl she didn't mean to hurt her. She didn't even know that was part of the plan. She was dealing with a lot with finding out that Ramon Costa was her father and she wasn't grieving in the right way.

Carla forgave the girl. She knew the girl never intended to hurt anyone. It was June Park for crying out loud. She was the nicest out of the bunch.

Josie apologized to the girl. The only reason why she was so mean and bitchy was because she thought she killed her father. She confessed that Deila put it in her head Carla was the murder and to do everything she can to kick the girl out of Archer and ruin her chances of making it to Broadway. In some ways, Josie was being controlled by Deila.

Carla also forgave the girl. She knew some people did stupid things when they're being manipulated by people.

And as for Carla Chalamet, no physical damages. Only a few cuts and bruises on her wrist. Emotionally, it was hard for her. Every time she closed her eyes she would see herself in that empty, cold dark room, feeling so hopeless, not knowing when she'll get out. But having her boyfriend near her was helpful. Yup, she got back together with the boy. Did she make the right decision? She wasn't so sure. But all she knew was that she's able to carry on with her life and live it to the fullest with her friends.

Because sorry Olivia Rodrigo, she'd like to stay seventeen and enjoy her youth. Then it's easier to get away with murder.

✄-----------------------------

Soooo I'm not sure if the last sentence makes sense because reading it again really doesn't make sense to me but I DONT CARE!! It sounded great in the moment and I don't have any ideas on how to end it. LOL