002

•—•—•

•—•—•

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

~~~

—Chapter 2—

•—•—•

The next day was uneventful, at least up until around 7:26pm. The front door of the house swung open, revealing two young men who slowly entered the main room and shut the door behind them.

One of them slicked back his blonde hair which was wet with the rain of the gloomy weather outside. He peeled off his soaked jacket and hung it to dry on the coatrack by the door.

His partner, who was equally drenched, did the same, water droplets falling from the ends of his dark brown hair and onto his pale face.

"Fuck, I'm exhausted." The blonde man removed his shoes and stomped towards the stairs, the other trailing behind him. "If only that stupid kid hadn't tipped the guy off, we wouldn't have had to chase him down for half an hour."

"Quit your whining, I'm sick of listening to it." The brunette behind him spat, following him to his room and leaning against the doorframe as the other stripped off his wet clothing. "You've been non-stop complaining ever since we left. What matters is he's dead now and the mission was a success, no?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever Sunghoon." The blonde pulled on a fresh white shirt, placing his hands behind his head and stretching out his back. "Why are you always such a-"

"Jake." A voice cut him off and he and Sunghoon turned to see Jungwon standing outside the former's room, a serious expression plastered on his face. "I need to talk to you. Sunghoon, gather the rest and tell them to meet in the office."

"Yessir." Sunghoon saluted sarcastically, lazily pushing himself away from the doorframe and heading to find the rest of their companions.

Jake grimaced and followed Jungwon out of his room and back down to the office where the papers still lay across the table in a mess. At least the latter had made a meager attempt to clean it up a bit beforehand.

The two took their respective seats and waited for the rest to arrive, which they did in the next few minutes, each chair soon becoming occupied by young men of varying appearances.

Jungwon was seated at the head of the table, adjacent to his right was Jake then Jay. Sunghoon and a red-haired boy were to his adjacent left, and Heeseung and a very young looking boy with black hair were across from him, closest to the door.

"Alright, the reason I called you all here is because we have a...situation." Jungwon began, propping his elbows on the table and leaning his face on his intertwined hand. He shot a meaningful glance at Jake, who instantly sensed what this was about. "Jay, would you be so kind as to please repeat what you told me last night."