Chapter 31

Ainsley

"How did practice go?" I ask as Billy, Willow and Cooper come through the door. Billy gives me an exhausted expression and I have to bite back a laugh.

"It was great. Until Ellie and Willow tried to beat up another kid." He says, giving Willow a disapproving look, but she just shrugs.

"Tommy said girls shouldn't play t-ball. He was asking for it." She says and I do laugh this time, but Billy sighs.

"Yeah, we talked to him about that. Jax was pretty pissed too." He says with a small smile. Cooper sits quietly, one of the team hats on his head looking adorable as always.

"Go change, baby. The car's all packed I want to get on the road soon." I say, urging Willow up the stairs. She flounces away and I turn to Billy.

"Really? She and Ellie teamed up against a boy?" I ask and he nods, grinning.

"Poor kid looked terrified. Those girls are going to be a handful as they get older." He says and I giggle, wrapping my arms around his waist and kissing him firmly.

"You wanna change clothes before we go?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah. Gonna take a quick shower. Thanks for packing everything, angel. I appreciate it." He says warmly and I smile up at him.

"I appreciate you and Jax coaching t-ball." I say and Billy chuckles.

"It's the dream, Ains. The fucking dream." He says happily before heading up the stairs.

I take Cooper into the kitchen to feed him and give him some water before letting him outside. Billy and Willow did a great job of training him and he is a wonderful addition to our family. Once he finishes he runs back to me, tail wagging and tongue flapping making me smile. I grab his seatbelt harness and his favorite ducky toy as I wait.

Half an hour later we're all in the car, Cooper and Willow snuggling in the back while Billy drives to our cabin. A few days after Christmas, we found out that Arthur had passed away. I had an obnoxiously large deposit into my bank account a few weeks later that made me nearly pass out.

So many zeros...

I was worried about Arthur's family being angry and trying to sue me or something, but the lawyer told me that Arthur had told them he donated the money to numerous charities that would remain annonymous.

So in the spring, Billy and I bought a cabin just like he had always wanted. Well, a little larger than he had wanted but we have a lot of friends to fill it with. We hope someday we can pass it on to Willow and she will have her own family she can enjoy it with.

My eyes glance to the backseat, both Willow and Cooper fast asleep. Billy's hand lands on my thigh and he squeezes it gently making me look at him. He smiles wide as he sees the two in the back before looking over at me.

"I'm so excited." He says and I laugh a little.

"I know. You've been talking about it all week." I tease and he shrugs.

"It's our first weekend in our very own cabin and all of our friends are coming. Sounds pretty epic to me." He says and I nod, twirling my fingers with his.

"Yeah it does." I say.

We arrive at the cabin first, followed by Ramon, Chad, Rory, Jax, Emily and their three kids. It's a full house, full of laughing and talking. Chad and I cook dinner, everyone gathered around the large table and a sense of content envelopes me. I look to Billy, who was already watching me with a soft expression. I lean over to kiss him making him chuckle.