Chapter 15 The Risk

A/N

This whole chapter is all Levi's Point Of View. Enjoy cx

Levi's POV

"M-Miss f/n is dying "

For a second my eyes widen with shock, I felt my mouth gap open. I quickly shook away the feeling and pretended I didn't care, but the inside of me was tearing apart.

'How could this happen?! I was suppose to protect her, I promised her that!' I mentally beated myself up

"Sir, Miss f/n is dying. In order for her to survive we must do surgery" the nurse says.

New hope lit inside of me

"Why the fuck didn't you say that on the first place" I snapped at her.

"Please Coporal, we need no distractions for F/n to survive. Time is running out!!!" the nurse begs. I clenched my teeth, I wanted to be by her side. I clicked my tongue and stride off.

I heard a familiar laughter, I turn to look and saw the same boy that threw F/n at the lake. He was with his group of friends, bullying a girl with brown hair.

"Oi, you cadet" I yell out. The group froze. "Come with me" I said pointing at the cadet, We walked outside behind head quarters.

The boy begins to speak. "Sir, wha- "

I cut him off with a blow to his face. I began thrashing him, each hit became harder than the last.

I finally stop myself from killing him. His eye was swollen, his lip was bleeding and he crawled into a ball crying. But it was nothing compare to what F/n was going through.

I grab his hair pulling him up to my level, staring at his eyes with anger. "Fool around again and see how long you'll last next time" I punch him in the gut for one last time, then left the piece of shit. I needed something to keep my mind off of F/n

"Oi Shorty!!" Shitty glasses run up to me. "Where's F/n ???!!! How is she??! "

"She's going into surgery" I said tonelessly.

"What's the risks?!!!!" Shitty glasses yells. I shrugged, her eyes widen and she grabs my hand dragging me to the infirmary.

We walk in and see F/n lying on the bed, nurses and doctors are buzzing around her. But are not doing surgery for some reason?

"What the hell are you guys doing" I demanded.

"F/n's going to die if you guys don't do it" Shitty glasses says. A tall doctor walks to us.

"Ah just person I was looking for" the doctor says.

"Why aren't you doing the surgery?!? " Glasses exclaims.

"Corporal , we need your decision for miss F/n" the doctor says.

"What?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Miss F/n head injury has reopened but has become a lot worse. We were planning to do surgery but the her chances of making it out alive, are out of 4 out of 10" the doctor says with a sad expression. My eyes widen, Shitty glasses gasps and tears cornered her eyes.

"If she dies, it will either be from the head injury itself or during the process of the surgery. Her only chances is the surgery but...." the doctor stops with a sad look.

"What!" I snapped at him.

"If miss F/n does make it . There are many risks of side effects. There is a good chance she'll be paralyze or many others" The doctor says nervously.

"Why do you need my decision?!!" I demanded. Glaring at all of the nurses and doctors, none of them held my stare.

"Please sir, we need you to make the decision to choose for F/n's life"

'F/n's life?' I thought

Those words echo in my head, repeating. Making my core shiver, I don't know what's wrong with me. I've always been responsible for soldiers live's and I should've been use to it by now.

But Why did F/n life stand out of the rest?? Why did it make my heart sink?

'If I choose the surgery there's are good risks of side effects, those risks can ruin F/n life and it'll be my fault'
I thought

'And if I don't choose the surgery, I'll lose her forever' I raged with myself. Time seem to slow down. The room was silent, everyone's attention was drawn to me, awaiting my decision.

'I have to take the risk' I exhaled making my decision and looked at the doctor.

"Do it" I said firmly. The doctor nods

"Please leave the room for us to begin" the doctor says

"What if F/n dies?" Shitty glasses asks.

"She won't, I'm sure of it. But if she does, I'll personally visit her family" I replied

Shitty glasses nods and we leave the infirmary.

"Corporal!" a voice shouts. I turn around and see the brown hair girl that was bullied earlier.

"My name is Petra.... Uh? .... I-I like to thank you for earlier. But beating him up for me but that was a little bit much" the girl blushes.

"Tch, it wasn't for you" I walk off leaving her.

~Time skip ~

"SHORTY " Shitty glasses slams my door open.

"What the hell do you want" I said annoyingly while doing my paperwork.

"F/n surgery is done, She's alive and she's about to wake up!!!" Shitty glasses yells. I stood up glaring at her.

"I swear shitty glasses, I will kill you if you're lying to me" I threatened her.

"I'm not!! I'll gladly bet My life to show I'm not lying" Shitty glares at me.

I was overjoyed, F/n was alive!

'I can't keep it in any longer, I have to tell F/n my feelings for her. I have to tell her before anything happens' I thought and stormed out of my office, and into the infirmary.

"F/n is about to wake up Corporal" says one of the nurses.

"Get out. I need something to discuss with cadet L/n" I demanded. The nurses quickly walk out. Leaving me alone with F/n. I hesitantly walk up to the sleeping F/n, grabbing her hand and squeezed it. Making sure this wasn't a dream, She was breathing normal now, her head was bandaged. Once again my eyes began to focus on her lips.

I couldn't stop myself. I lifted f/n and gave her a soft passionate kiss. F/n eyes began to move, I held her hand tightly. Her eyes opened. My heart stop. She slowly sits up and rubs her eyes. Next thing I knew I was hugging her tightly.

"I thought I lost you" I admit it. I let go of the hug and stare at her.

"There's some I need to tell you" I was ready to confess my feelings.

F/n cocks her head sideways confuse and says..

"Who are you?"

A/N
Hope you guys like it 😊