Chapter 28: Right Now, I Truly Believe That Everything Is Right

"Y/N?" He smiled that familiar smile that I adore. "What are you doing here?"

"I don't know," I shrug. The truth is I have no idea. These past couple days have been insane to say the least and to be honest, I miss the days when it was really just me and Reg. "I guess I've just really missed hanging out with you."

He grabbed both my hands, "Really?" he screeched.

I held his hands tighter, "Yes Reggie, I have." I couldn't help but smile.

He smiled even wider and stood up, releasing my hands, "You know, we never watched the rest of the Star Wars movies..."

I stood up as well, "You are so right! Come on, let's go to the convenient store and pick up some snack cakes or something."

"Yeah! Ghosts can't eat... but yeah!" He made himself laugh.

We walked across the not-so-busy street and into the store. I thoroughly enjoy supporting small businesses, so when the made in-house snack cakes rang up as $6, I was more than willing to pay it. Once in the suburbs, Reggie grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. I stopped walking for a second. Reggie haulted and turned around.

"Is something wrong?"

I smiled, "No... nothing's wrong Reg. Right now, I truly believe that everything is right."

We continues walking and when we got to my house it was no surprise that neither parent's car was there. We walked in and went up the stairs in the foyer to my room. I nearly collapsed on my bed, I hadn't realized how tired I was until that very second. I grabbed the remote on my nightstand while Reggie crawled up and laid his head on the pillow next to mine.

I put on Empire Strikes Back and placed the remote on my nightstand. I rolled over to face Reg. "You can watch the movie, but I'm going to take a nap okay? If my mom, dad, Julie, or Flynn calls me, wake me up okay?"

"Okay!" he said with a lil smirk.

With that, I rested my head on his chest and slowly drifted off to sleep.

"Hey babe," Reggie was softly shaking my shoulder, "Julie is calling you."

I rub my eyes and notice that it's dark outside.

"Julie?" I managed to croak.

She was crying, "Luke and Alex are leaving us!"

It took me a second to realize my life and what she was talking about. Then I took a deep breath, "Jules, I know."

She let out a sob, "You know?"

"Hey, can I come over? I think it's better if we talk about this in person."

"Yeah. I guess you can. Flynn will be here soon too."

"Okay, I love you Jules."

"I love you too Y/N."

I stood up and stretched, Reggie just looked at me. "Come on, we're going to Julie's."

He looked flustered, "Uh, okay."

I sighed, realizing my boyfriend isn't the smartest, "She found out about Luke and Alex."

His eyes went big, "Oh! Yeah, then we better go!"

We walked to Julie's and I found her in her room drawing roughly on a sketch pad. "Hey Jules..."

She nearly jumped, "Oh, hey Y/N. Flynn will be here in a couple minutes."

I sit in front of her, "Whatcha working on?"

She lifted her sketch pad and revealed what looked like an explosion with her name through it. I tilted my head up, "Ah."

Flynn walked in, "I got your text. We really should talk."

"Stay back girls," Julie sighs, "everyone who seems to get close to me gets hurt... BAM!" She dramatically reveals the finished explosion.

Flynn just looked at us "I really don't know why this is happening to you guys, but that'll make an excellent album cover one day."

Flynn and I walked over to Rose's trunk in the floor and she kneels down and so do I, we start folding the clothes.

Julie notices, "You guys don't have to do that..."

"It's our pleasure!" Flynn says.

"Plus, we get to look through your mom's cool stuff!" I say excitedly.

"Oh my gosh!" Flynn squeals.

Julie and I both jerked our head towards her and she pulls out a white T-shirt. It had Sunset Curve's logo on the front and it had obviously been bedazzled by Rose.

Julie gasped, "Woah, how'd that get in there?"

"Maybe this is a sign!" Flynn has something on her mind.

"My mom never mentioned them. The guys also sad they didn't know her..."

I thought for a second and realized, "Maybe they didn't know her... she could have been a fan!"

Julie thought, "She was working the club scene around then..."

Flynn sighed, "I know you guys love them, but you're going to lose them no matter what... so you might as well help them achieve their dream."

I look down, "She's right Julie..."

Julie sighed, "Yeah," she stood up. "Come on, we need to tell them that we want to help," she grabbed my wrist and towed me to the garage.

When we walk in Alex was on the couch with his drum sticks, Reggie was on the chair with his bass, and Luke was sitting and pouting.

"What are you guys doing?" Julie snapped.

Alex fell off the couch because of how startled he was. Reggie looked, "Jeez I think you broke Alex."

"Snap out of it!" I yelled while clapping.

Julie sighed, "Do you guys want to cross over or what?"

Luke looked at her, "We do Julie, but getting that gig took so long and we had to call in every favor we had!"

Alex scoffed, "And that's when we were somebody. Now we're nobody."

Reggie rolled his eyes, "And we have no bodies!"

Luke stood up, "People don't just play the Orpheum because they want to."

I looked at Julie, "People don't... but ghosts do."