Chapter 11: He So Deserves The Hit

I walk back to my friends and Reggie is the first one to notice my hand. Nick then noticed and grabbed my hand to look at it. "What happened?"

I pulled my hand away, for Julie and Reg. "Socked him in the face. It isn't my blood."

Reggie started laughing and Julie tried her hardest not to. Nick looked at me in horror, "I better take him to the nurse's office then."

After he left Julie let out a loud laugh. "He so deserves the hit."

"Oh I know he did, that's why I punched him."

"Can't believe my girlfriend has a violent streak," Reggie chuckled.

"Oh Reg, she doesn't... typically her words make people want to dig their own graves," Julie smirked. She then looked at her phone, it read 9:15 pm.

"Where are Alex and Luke, Reg?" I turned to him.

He scratched the side of his head, "I have no idea."

"Can you go look for them?" Julie asked with pleading eyes.

"Yes, of course!" He disappeared.

Flynn came over to us, she handed me a napkin from her stuff. "I didn't get the chance to speak to you right after, but I saw Jacob with a bloody face walking through the gym so I figured you had something to do with it," she started chuckling. "The guys are here, right?"

Julie sighed, "No, but Reggie went to look for them."

"Carrie canceled so you're supposed to go on at 9:45."

"Okay! Thanks Flynn."

She walked back over to her DJ setup. Julie started pacing back and forth. I just sat on the ground. A couple minutes later she decided to join me.

"Where are they?"

"I wish I knew, Jules."

As if her question needed to be answered right away, Reggie appeared in front of us. Julie immediately stood up, "Where are they? Did you find them?"

Reggie looked down and shook his head. "No! I checked the Orpheum, the garage, the rest of the school, your house, Y/N's house, the park, the beach, the couch where we died, Bobby's house... I can't find them."

"Oh no..." Julie looked like she was about to throw up.

"Hey Jules, it's okay, they're going to show! And if they aren't here in 15 minutes they're gonna wish that they could die again to stop the pain."

She giggled and calmed a little, "Okay."

Time flew by, we were all sitting on the ground, I was laying on Reggie's shoulder. Julie had her arms around her knees when Flynn came over to us.

"I can only stall for so long, it's eleven o'clock. Holograms or no holograms, you'll be amazing."

"I agree," I looked at her.

Julie got slightly mad, "You saw me the other day! I can't play without them!"

Reggie smiled, "You can't play without Luke," he said in a low tone that I could barely hear.

Nick came from behind us and walked over to Julie. "Difficulties?"

She sighed, "Always."

I looked at Reggie and whispered, "Come on, let's give them some alone time."

He nodded and walked with me to the hall where I punched Jake. He looked at the ground and pointed. He started laughing, "Look! There's blood on the ground."

I looked and sure enough, there was about 6 drops of blood on the floor. "Yeah, well he deserved it."

Before Reggie could say anything, we heard Nick from the mic. "Hey everyone! We fixed the hologram thing. Who wants to see a show?"

"Oh no..." I said as we raced out the door onto the stage. We couldn't be seen by the crowd, but Julie had the mic in her hands.

"Um... hi!" Everyone laughed, "Even though we got the machine fixed, thanks to Nick-" the crowd roared. "I can't seem to link up with the guys... WIFI... am I right?" She sighed, "I have to cancel."

The crowd gasped and I heard some people say "What?"

Carrie started walking up the front stage steps, "Um... Anybody know the Heimlich? Julie's choking."

The crowd laughed, I was so mad at her. Reggie put his hands on my shoulders, almost to hold me back. His touched calmed me.

"There's only one way to save this dance," Carrie then spoke into the mic, "Who wants to see Dirty Candy?"

The crowd cheered and she tried to touch something on Flynn's board, but Flynn got there first, "Oops... knob's broken."

Carrie let out a groan, "Fine...two can play at this game. Party at my house!" She dropped the mic on the board.

People started flooding out of the gym to go to the Wilson house. I looked at Julie and Flynn. Julie had some tears falling down her cheeks. Flynn noticed and hugged her. Julie sat down and Flynn came over to me and Reggie.

"Can you two pop all of the balloons and lock-up? I want to get Jules to my place and make her feel better."

I nodded, she gave me the keys. She showed me which key went to what, "And this one goes to the cafeteria, you can go get ice cream from the coolers if you want. And when you leave just put them in the receptionist's office."

I took the keys from her and she went over to Julie. Before they left Julie came over, "If you see the guys tell them I quit the band, sorry Reggie."

"It's okay Julie, I get it."

Her and Flynn walked out of the gym. Reggie and I went over to a balloon arch and started popping the red, white, and light blue balloons. We heard the doors open and we looked up. Alex and Luke came running in.

 "Oh no... the dance is over?" Luke asks Alex. 

Alex saw Reggie and I sitting on the floor and he pointed. As soon as Luke saw us his face went through the first three stages of grief.

"Guys, we are so sorry. Where's Julie?"

I stood up, "You shouldn't be apologizing to me... she um quit the band."

"She what?" He turned to Reggie, "And you let her?"

"Hey!" I yelled. "He isn't the one that she counted on. He isn't the one that abandoned her. He isn't the one that caused her to lie to the entire school and make a fool out of herself. She relied on you Luke! She trusted you. She can't sing in front of people without you!" I felt the tears stinging my eyes, but I didn't care, "I've already went off on one jerk today, I can continue!"

Luke was standing there in shock. Alex looked at me, not surprised and Reggie hugged me from behind. I decided it was best to quit.

"Go back to the garage unless you want to make yourself useful and help us," I told him coldly.

He looked at me and I could see how badly I had just hurt him. He needed a quick slap in the face though. He was about to vanish when him and Alex looked like they were electrocuted. 

"What was that?" Reggie asked.

"I don't know..." Alex said, "but that felt like we were dying all over again."

"How is that possible?" Luke asked. "We're already dead!"