Chapter 27: Hold On, We Need To Check With Security

Sunday went by fast. Julie stayed the night and we stayed in my room most of the day to watch classic movies she's never seen. I fell asleep early that night and when my alarm went off at 7 am I was confused. I forgot we had school. Jules obviously went home and I rolled over, putting my pillow over my ears. After a couple minutes of me listening to that awful alarm, I stood up and turned it off.

After I pulled Reggie's flannel over my outfit (instead of the sweater) I slowly walked to my bathroom

After I pulled Reggie's flannel over my outfit (instead of the sweater) I slowly walked to my bathroom. Yikes, my hair is a mess. I pull it up in a messy bun and just put a light layer of mascara on. I walk downstairs and sling my backpack over my shoulder. I grab some bread and stick it in the toaster. It pops out and I decide not to put anything on it.

I make my way out my front door and turn to lock it. When I turn back around Carrie Wilson is standing in my driveway in front of her parked car on the street, "Drive you to school?"

"I usually walk with Nick..."

"Yeah, I know. I really need to talk to you though and if we don't go now, we may be late."

I stood there, not knowing what to say, so I just nod. She walks to the other side of her pink G Wagon and hops in the driver's seat. I jump into the passenger seat and put my seatbelt on. She took my bag from me and tossed it in the back seat.

She starts her car, "Jacob broke up with me. I went to see him in the hospital yesterday and he told me everything. Him still loving you, even though you have a boyfriend. Look, I'm sorry that I cheated on Nick, but you were right... I didn't really like him. He's a great guy, but he just isn't my type. I'm gonna be honest, Jacob isn't either."

"I typically am right, Carrie," I cross my arms.

She giggled, it wasn't her fake and high-pitched giggle she normally does. This was the giggle from when we were kids. "Yeah, I guess you are." We pulled into her parking spot in the front of the school and when I opened the door to get out, everyone was staring at me.

She met me at the front of her car with both our bags. I put mine on and we walked into school together. I could feel all of the stares. Carrie waved at me and walked to meet her bestfriends, but the stares didn't stop. That's when I saw Julie in the hallway getting bombarded with people wanting to take selfies with her.

When some girls saw me, they squealed. They ran over to me and asked for selfies, I laughed nervously, "I have absolutely no idea why you want these."

"Thanks Y/N! Thank you again Julie!" After saying this, they left. 

I walked over to Julie, "Um, what was that about?"

"I have no idea. And did I see you getting out of Carrie Wilson's car this morning?"

"Yeah, she apologized... weird."

A familiar voice spoke behind us, "Can I get a selfie too?" Nick asked.

I put a finger up, "Hold on, we need to check with security..." I looked all behind me at nothing, "I think we're good."

Nick laughed, "You know you say that, but after Friday's performance... it's pretty clear you guys are going to blow up."

Julie made a face, "Pft, it was just a garage party."

"Yeah, thanks for inviting me. Sorry I couldn't stay for the whole thing, I had homework so..." 

This is getting awkward, I see Flynn and I wave, "Catch up with you guys later?"

They both smiled, "Yeah," Nick said.

I walk over to Flynn. "Hey..."

"Did you get a ride from Carrie this morning?"

"Yeah, why?"

Flynn pulled out her phone and showed me someone's Snapchat story. It was Carrie and I walking towards the school, smiling at each other. The caption was, "Enemies, bestfriends, or lovers?"

Flynn scoffed, "Yeah."

"Ugh I hate people."

Flynn rolled her eyes, "Yeah, I'm sure you'd much rather hang out with ghosts... oh wait, one of them put you into shock on Saturday."

"Ha ha. Very funny. He did, but he was just trying to really tell me how he felt and I get it. Jake told me he still loved me that day too, I had a lot on my mind."

She rubbed my shoulder, "I have no idea why this is happening to you, but it's going to make a fantastic movie one day."

I smiled, "Thanks Flynn."

"No problem. Oh look! Nick and Julie are done talking."

We walked over to an almost frozen Julie. Flynn had a smile plastered on her face, "That was more than just a 'what's up'!"

"Nick wanted to go on a date with me."

We both gasped, for two different reasons. My reason was I knew she liked Luke, Flynn's reason was she wanted Julie and Nick to be together.

"And I said no. Like you both said, this Luke thing isn't going away anytime soon, why waste Nick's time?"

Flynn looked at me, "Aw our baby is all grown up!" She turned to Jules, "She's choosing to like someone who doesn't exist, but she's all grown up!"

Julie sighed, "I just wish I could help Luke, you know? When we were writing he was drawing from the same pain. We both know what it's like to lose a mom."

I thought for a second, "Maybe you could write him a song!"

"Oh my gosh, Y/N you're a genius!" She started walking towards the door.

"Julie, we still have school!"

She quickly turned around, "Like I said, genius!"

The school day flew by, it was a Monday, so we weren't doing anything too productive. I yawned as I made my way to Julie's. She told me her plan to take Unsaid Emily to Luke's parents. I walk into the garage and look around.

"Hello?"

"CC!" I heard Alex yell from the loft. He teleported down and right in front of me, "Heyyyyy!"

"Hey Lex! Have you seen Reg? I haven't really gotten the chance to spend a whole lot of time with him and I miss him."

"No, but he said if you were looking for him he's at the spot of your first date."

I thought for a second, "The beach! Thanks Lex."

I jog out the door and I walk when I get to the little street with the convenient store on the corner. I rounded the corner and looked at the picnic bench where Reggie and I came for the first "date" we had. He was sitting there, back to me, playing with the promise ring.

I sit on the opposite side of the table, "Hey Reg, what's on your mind?"