Chapter 23: I Have Chemistry With Everyone That I Sing With

The crowd applauded as we came out of the garage. I smiled and sat next to Julie on the piano bench to share a microphone at the beginning.

(Julie does fine avoiding Luke. It's you and him that have that chemistry until the final scene at the piano)

I was in the front, leaning against the piano when the guys disappeared. I turn and I see Luke getting Julie's attention. I roll my eyes and when I hear the music stop I put my hand up.

"I'm Y/N Y/L/N and they're Julie and the Phantoms! Tell your friends!" When I said this the crowd roared so loud almost vibrating the piano I was leaning on.

I smile and wave. Julie comes over and puts her arm around my shoulder. Everyone starts clearing out. After many people came up to us saying how amazing our performance was, it was just Flynn, Carlos, Ray, Julie, and I... the guys must be in the garage. 

"That was amazing girls!" Carlos shouted.

Ray smiled, "Come inside for some pizza."

Julie nodded and started to follow, but I stopped, "Hey, I'll catch up... I left something in the garage."

Flynn and Julie both nod and turn around. I guess they're both hungry. I walk over to the slightly open garage door and I have a smile on my face. I hear a conversation between Luke and Reggie so I just walk in and stand next to Alex who had just had his back to me.

"That's crazy Reg! I have chemistry with everyone I sing with!" Reggie shook his head in disbelief. "Watch!
I believe,
I believe that we're just one dream,
Away from who we're meant to be!
Cause we're standing on the edge of... great.
" Luke now had his hand on the side of Reggie's face and they were inches apart.

Alex crossed his arms, "Wow."

I giggled, "I see Chemistry," Reg and Luke turned their heads faster than I've ever seen when they heard the sound of my voice.

"Y/N! I- I- I didn't know you were in here..." Luke managed to get out.

Alex rolled his eyes and crossed his arms tighter, "Guitarists... so oblivious," he mumbled.

Reggie smiled, "We were just talking about you!"

Luke lightly slapped Reggie's bicep, "No... we weren't."

I looked at him suspiciously, "Yeah, okay. Well I'm missing out on pizza to talk to you so," I threw up a peace sign, "later."

I turned and I could feel all three pairs of eyes on my back. I walked out of the door and around the piano. I made my way up the narrow stone steps to the back door. I walked in and Carlos was complaining about something.

Ray had his back to me, but he turned and asked, "What are the guys doing now?"

"Just hanging out... I think they went to go get snacks. Hey! What type of camera did you use?"

Flynn and Julie nodded in agreeance, "Are you ladies interested in my work?"

We all nodded in unison. Ray started rambling on and on about the different brands of cameras and how that one would make us look. I managed to sneak off and go home. I saw the guys playing basketball before I left. I told Reg to come by whenever and I made the small journey home.

I walked in and looked at the time, my parents were already asleep, but I had told them where I was. I quietly go up to my room and I turn on the light. Reggie was laying face down on my bed.

"Reg?" I whispered, once I closed the door.

He was crying. He sat up and looked at me, "You know... it isn't fair that you're always the one who has to see me like this."

I sat next to him and took both of his hands. "What's wrong?"

"It's Luke and Alex. I'm going to lose them!" He leaned down and put his face in my lap.

I gently touched the back of his head with my hand, "Hey, it's going to be alright. Talk to me, what happened?"

He sat up with tear stained cheeks and explained everything to me. We moved to a more comfortable position where his arms were around my torso and he was nuzzled into my ribs. 

"So the reason they keep getting those electrocutions is because of a ghost that owns a club for living people and the undead? And he wants the three of you to play in his house band for eternity or those jolts will destroy Luke and Lex?"

"Right, but if we find out what our unfinished business is, then we can crossover and they won't be destroyed!"

"Wait a minute," I shook from his grasp, "What do you mean, 'we'?" He just looked up at me. "Reginald Peters. Tell me, please."

"I don't want to be here all by myself! I mean I know that I'll have you, but Luke and Alex are like my brothers. If they left and I was here, I'd have no way to fill that hole!"

I could feel the tears stinging my eyes, "But if you leave me, who can fill that hole? Thanks Reggie." I stood up off my bed and looked out the window.

He realized what he just did and came over, put his chin on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist, "I love you, you know I didn't mean it like that."

I turned around and saw the tears in his eyes too. I pulled him into a hug. It wasn't like you'd expect a ghost hug to be. It was warm and inviting. "I love you too, and I know you didn't mean it like that... it's just I'm going to have to lose my whole family. I don't want to do that."

He smiled slightly, "I know, but we'll figure it out," he gave me a peck on the cheek, "we'll figure it out."