Chapter 8: Dang, You're a Player

Trigger Warning: teenage drinking

After I had a bunch of people coming up to me all day, the final bell rung. I walked to my locker, but I was stopped by about three people. I reached it, put in the combination and started loading my textbooks that I didn't need.

I hear footsteps and look to my right. "Hello Jacob."

He scratched the back of his neck, "So you saw me and Carrie at the coffee place huh?"

"Wh- no! I saw you guys at the library. That happened more than once? You know what? It doesn't matter. We aren't together anymore."

"But I want to be."

"Too bad. You lost that opportunity when you kissed her."

He was rubbing the back of his neck again, "We did more than just kiss..."

I was furious, "You know what? This jacket isn't even my dad's. It's the guy's that helped me through all of your crap the last couple days! And you know what? The relationship may be hard, but I'm willing to make some sacrifices for him!" He was standing there jaw-dropped. I slammed my locker and walked out of the school.

Flynn catches up to me. "Hey! What happened in there? Half the school saw you talk about a mystery guy."

"Well you know who I was talking about. He said that him and Carrie did more than just kissed."

"Oh crap... well come on," she put her arm around my neck. "Let's go to Julie's and see your new boyfriend!"

I sigh as we walk the short distance to Julie's garage. As soon as Flynn sees Julie she throws her arm up, "Dance news!"

"Aw man. We're playing a dance?" that was not at the top of Alex's bucket list.

Luke looks at him, "Yeah man, that's how we build a following now-a-days," he was smirking at Julie.

She giggles, "Yeah get with the program Alex!"

Flynn gasped, "What! The guys are here?" she waved at the wall on the other side of the room. Not even close to where the guys are.

Julie rolled her eyes, "Other way sweetie." Reggie smiled his cute little self and waved back to her.

"Now that Alex has graced us with his presence, should we start rehearsal?"

"We're going to rehearse, you guys want to stick around?"

"I'm supposed to blow up 500 balloons for the dance, but this sounds way better."

I look at Reggie, then Julie. "Aw Jules, I can't. I have to figure out what song I'm going to do for the dance tonight. And I have to pick out my outfit. I may have to go shopping because of how last-minute it was," I glared at Flynn.

"Shopping?" Alex asked, intrigued.

"Dude! You can't go," Luke lightly hit his arm.

"Sorry Lex..."

"Lex?" Reggie asked. "Since when did you call him that?"

Alex scoffed, "Oh you didn't hear? Me and CC are besties now."

Luke looked confused, "CC?"

Alex giggled, "Yeah! It's the two things she loves. Converse and Cuddling."

Luke was even more confused, "How would you know she likes cuddles? She can't even touch you!"

I bent down like I was talking to a puppy or baby. "Awww Lukie... you sad or are you jealous that you haven't got cuddles from me?"