Chapter 12: He Was There For Me When You Left

Julie wasn't at school the next day. I texted her and I asked Flynn where she was and she just shrugged. I rolled my eyes and went to my 4th block, which was dance. Julie came rushing in during warmups. Our teacher noticed her.

"Oh Julie! How nice of you to join us."

"I'm so sorry. I overslept," she sighed.

"Take your spot please."

Julie comes over to an empty area between Flynn and I. "Flynn! Why didn't you wake me up? I missed my first three classes!"

Flynn rolled her eyes, "You said you could never show your face at this school again, and I'm a very literal person."

"It's okay, it's really two stupid ghosts that I'm mad at."

I laughed, "I'd kill Luke if he wasn't already dead."

Flynn looked at her, "Having a band is supposed to help your social life, not hurt it... oh! Y/N, I almost forgot to tell you that everyone loved your performance last night and they're wondering when you and Reggie will play again."

Before I could say anything, Julie looked behind me, "What are they doing here?"

I look over at the gym door to see the lacrosse team enter. Jacob and Nick were standing there awkwardly. "Right on time coach Barron!"

The coach is talking to the guys. I'm trying to read Nick's face, but he's looking at Julie. Him and Carrie must have finally broke up. My gaze fell to Jacob. He looked like he'd been hit by a bus. He had bandages all over his nose and a Band-Aid under is left eye. I guess I knocked him pretty good.

The coach clapped, "Okay! Partner up."

One of the tallest guys took Flynn and Nick walked over to Julie. Jacob came over to me, "Hey, will you be my partner?"

"After last night? Are you sure?"

"Yes... I deserved it. And anything you do on accident won't be as bad as my face."

I giggled, "That is true..."

"I want to be friends again, like when we were kids."

"I don't know Jacob-"

"Look you don't have to give me an answer now, but can we start somewhere? Like you calling me Jake again?" He reached his hand out for mine.

I sighed, "Yeah I guess," and I took his hand.

Jacob has always been good at dancing, so we didn't have any problems. Nick fell... a lot. After that class was over, I headed to my locker to grab my normal clothes. When I closed the door, Reggie was there.

"Ahh! We aren't in a 90s movie Reg, what are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to see you!" 

"I have-"

"Hey Y/N!" A bobcat girl waved.

"Nice job last night!" Said her friend.

They walked past and I pulled out my phone. Reggie looked confused.

"You're just going to ignore your boyfriend while he came all this way to see y-"

"Hey thanks for calling! Otherwise people may think that I'm talking to myself."

Reggie's eyes got big, "Ohh!"

"Like I was saying, I only have two more classes left until I'm going over to Julie's."

"Why are you going over there?"

"She asked me too, I guess so she doesn't have to face Luke alone."