Chapter 26: I Need To Make Sure Reggie And Luke Haven't Killed Each Other Again

Most of the drive back my mom and I are singing our hearts out to whatever songs were on the radio. When I get home I get a text from Julie saying to meet her in the studio. I reply and tell her that I'm on my way. I walk to the Molina house and open the garage door.

"Julie?" I look around. "Jules are you in here?"

"Hey."

I turn around and Luke is scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, hey, I wasn't expecting you. Jules told me to meet her here, are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, we're fine. That was me actually. I took her phone and texted you because I need to show you something."

"Um yeah, okay," I tuck my hair behind my ear with the hand that has the promise ring on it and Luke sees it with hurt eyes.

He brought out his acoustic guitar and started strumming.

"Wow Luke, that was beautiful."

"Yeah, she means a lot to me. I really want her to know."

"I would perform that song for her!"

He put his guitar down and face the opposite way of where I was sitting, "I just did."

"Um. Oh..." I was at a loss for words. 

Reggie and Alex appeared, "Hey Luke we found this- CC?"

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" Reggie approached me.

I was frozen. I couldn't move. Both Reg and Alex were trying to get me to move, but I just couldn't. I could hear and see everything, but my body was unable to move. Why was this happening? Why did three guys have to like me?

Reggie turned to Luke, "What did you do?"

Alex was mad now too, "Better question, what did you say?"

"Alex... I performed the song."

Lex slapped his forehead, "You idiot! I told you not to show her that song because it would only cause problems but no, don't listen to me!"

"What song?" Reggie asked them. He now had his arms around me and he was guiding me towards the couch deemed Luke's.

Alex rolled his eyes, "Our precious guitarist wrote a song about how in love he is with your girlfriend and now she's in shock because of it."

Reggie stood up from next to me, "Why would you do that?" He shoved Luke, which probably wasn't the best idea.

"Why would I do that? I told you, both of you that I thought she was pretty and smart and amazing before you got with her! So don't you dare pin this on me," he took a finger and jabbed it into Reggie's chest.

I snapped back to reality during the last part. I knew my voice wouldn't be powerful, but it'd be enough, "You knew and you still pursued me?" I softly asked the group of boys, it was mainly for Reg.

"I didn't think he had a crush on you! He didn't say that. I thought he was talking about you as a person, not that he liked you."

I was numb, but I felt myself get up, "I think I better go home. Lex, will you come with?"

Alex walked towards me, "Of course I will."

The short journey to my house was silent. When I walked in I was greeted by my parents, but I didn't remember how to speak so I continued up the stairs to my room. I threw myself on my bed and started crying. What a day. Alex gently laid next to me and was telling me somethings to either calm me down or make me laugh.

Around 6:45 my mom called me for dinner, I didn't feel like moving. I found out today alone that two guys who aren't even my boyfriend are in love with me. I can feel my brain being stretched. Sooner or later those intrusive thoughts will wander into my mind and I won't be able to close them out like I normally do.

Why do boys have to be either confusing or stupid? Or at times... both. It isn't that hard to just not tell a girl in a very happy relationship that you love her. It just isn't necessary. I here a very soft knock at my door and I don't realize I have a headache until I feel the throbbing from every knock.

"Come in," I croak.

It was my mom, "Hey dear, Julie's here to see you."

"Let her in," I sigh. The guys must have told her what happened.

She walks past my mom and after she's in my room the door is closed. I cover my eyes with my hands. I feel the bed more beside me, "Why does your life always have to be the one with depressing drama?"

"I don't know Jules. And If I did, I'd tell someone and maybe I'd know how to cope better."

"That's possible," Alex sighed. "I better go back to the garage. I need to make sure Reggie and Luke haven't killed each other again."

"Thank you for walking me home, Lex."

"Anytime CC," I heard the now-familiar whoosh.

Julie laid down with her head on the pillow next to mine. "I'm so sorry that this is happening to you."

I start rubbing my face, "Yeah finding out two guys that aren't your boyfriend love you in the same day is rough."

She scoffed, "Jacob told you that he still loves you today?"

"Yep... he sure did."

I heard typing next to me, "Telling Flynn?"

"Yeah, I don't want to leave her out of the loop again. Especially considering what happened last time."

"Yeah, good call."

I could feel tears building up as I took my hands away from my face and sat up. "Julie, I don't know why this is happening to me. I love them. All three of them, of course I love Reg more, but the other two are still my family. And I am so sorry that Luke likes me and not you, I wish I could reflect my energy onto you or something." I wasn't even trying to hold back my tears anymore.

I felt a hug. It was a soft and sweet hug. A very sisterly hug. "It's okay. It's not your fault. None of this is and it never will be. We don't control our feelings, I wish we could but that's not an option. Even if it was, I wouldn't because pain is how we learn."

"Thanks Jules," I say as my tears slowed.

"We're going to get through this together, I promise," she smiled at me and I smiled back.