Chapter 15: I Told You That You guys Were Practically The Same Person

I walk over to my friends, "So? How was it?"

Julie started shaking me, "That was awesome!

Flynn smiled, "Definitely!" 

Luke pointed behind us, "Hey! Whoever Carrie and Jacob tried to impress is coming over!"

We turned and saw the manager for Shawn Mendes and Selena Gomez walking over. "She looks all business," Reggie commented.

"That's Andi Parker!" I whisper to Julie.

Andi came closer to us, "Hello, I'm Andi Parker. I'm glad you girls know each other because I want you guys to share a record deal." 

She put her hand out and I shook it, "Yes, I'm Y/N."

She put her hand out for Julie, "I'm-"

"Julie," Ray called from behind Andi.

"Dad?"

"It's time to go."

She left and Andi turned to me, "I like you, but I feel the band would be better with you both," she shrugged and walked off.

I turned to the guys, "Do any of you think I should join the band?"

Reggie nodded, "I think you're amazing, but I think I'm biased."

Luke shook his head, "No, you aren't I heard her today in the garage and she's got a killer voice."

Alex slightly raised his hand, "I agree..."

Luke smiled, "All votes are in?"

I sighed, "No... you need Julie's opinion."

"Julie may not be in the band after tonight," Alex looked down.

"I think she will... Ray would never take music away from her."

Luke nodded, "I agree. If playing music reminds her of her mom, I don't see him ripping that away."

Alex crossed his arms and looked at me. "I told you that you guys were practically the same person."

"Yeah yeah whatever," I yawned. "Guys, I'm pretty tired... I think I'm gonna go home." I turned to walk away and then I realized I forgot to ask, "Reg, are you coming by later?"

"I wasn't going to unless you asked," he scratched the back of his neck. "Your house is your safe place... I don't want to be there unless you want me."

I walk over to him and put my arms around his waist, but I'm leaning back to look up at him, "Well... that's where your wrong. You are my safe place."

Alex nearly shrieked, "That's so cute!"

Luke rolled his eyes, "Barf."

I rolled my eyes too, "See ya in an hour?"

Reggie smiled, "Yep!" And then he gave me a quick peck on the lips.

I turned and walked out the door where my parents were waiting. My dad had a bouquet of white roses in his hands. My mom pulled me into a side-hug.

We walked home and I let them talk about how proud of me they were. When we finally got there I let out a yawn and I stretched.

"I'm really tired... I think I'm going to shower and go to bed."

I trudged upstairs and started to run hot water. I didn't really feel like music. After I got out I also didn't really feel like doing my face routine, so I just put moisturizer on. I sighed and went into my room. I looked at my clock. 10:00 pm, 15 minutes before Reg would be here.

I turned on Netflix, not really caring what started playing and I stood up from my bed. I walked over to my desk and sat. I opened up my songbook and started writing down some lyrics, 
Everybody wants to be a billionaire,
but when I take a look at you I just don't care.
All I wanna be, all I ever want to be
Is somebody to you. 

I was humming the melody I wanted for it when I heard a low, soft laugh behind me. I turned and Reggie was smiling. He came over and looked over my shoulder, "Whatcha working on?"

"A song," I smiled, "I think I'm going to make it a duet." 

He looked at the page and started reading what I had so far. If this was anyone else I would be closing the book and hiding it, but ever since day one I never felt like that when I was around Reggie.

"I would play my acoustic and we could duet? I don't want heavy bass on the song. I feel like for what it's about, it needs to be soft."

He smiled, "I agree," he wrapped his arms under mine and lifted me up.

I let out a slight scream, but then I remembered my parents, "What are you doing?"

He plopped me down on my bed and laid his head on my chest and closed his eyes, "I wish ghosts could sleep."

I gently stroked his soft black hair, "Why is that Reg?"

"Because I'm really comfortable," he smiled.

"You know, I am too. I may just fall asleep right now," I said closing my eyes.

"What! Why?"

"Because I have school tomorrow."

He sighed, "Okay..." I felt him move and place a kiss on my cheek. He then laid his head back where it was and got comfy. He wrapped his arms around me, almost like a child holding a teddy bear.