Chapter 9: Now You Just Have to Decide Who You Hate More

When I arrive at the Wilson's, I see Flynn and Julie about to climb over the security gate. I go over to the guard and he sees me, being part of the family he opens the gate. The girls struggle, but then they see me.

We run do the long driveway and the girls knock on the door. Carrie opens it up with a disgusted look. "What do you girls want? Wai- how'd you get over the security gate?"

"I think he remembers me," I glared at her and she returned the favor.

"What do you want?"

"Oh!" Flynn gasps, "Just wanted to let you know that Julie's band and Y/N are playing at the dance tonight!"

Julie smiled, "Now you know..."

"Yes, I'm fully aware, Dirty Candy is supposed to play too. I think I'm going to cancel though, Jake asked me to hang out with him," she smiled at me. I was the only one who called him Jake. She looked at Flynn and Julie, "You guys are acting weirder than usual."

Flynn catches her breath, "Probably because we're thirsty!"

Julie agrees, "Can we come in for a glass of water?"

"If it'll make you leave faster."

Carrie walks into the kitchen and the girls go to the living room. I hear them talking to someone. I follow Carrie. She's getting water and is startled when I appear. I walk close to her. I'm inches away from her face, but I'm taller than her, so I tower. 

"I don't care who you think you are. And I really don't care about who you are. I know that you're fooling everyone, including your own boyfriend but you can't trick me. I know you don't really care about Jacob, heck... you don't even care about Nick. The only reason you're with him is so Julie can't have him. You're only sleeping with Jake to get back at me," she scoffs. "You need to make a choice, niece. You can't have both of them forever. Now you just have to decide who you hate more," I smirk and I take the glasses of water from her. 

She's standing there in shock, because nobody has ever spoken to her like that. I take the glasses to Julie and Flynn. Carrie comes in a few seconds late, "These girls bothering you, babe?"

"Oh no! They were just telling me how they would be at the dance tonight. I am already going to be there, but I'll invite Jacob and the rest of the guys," Nick looked at me when he said Jacob. I could read the apologetic expression on his face.

I spilled the water on myself and the floor and Carrie started to stand. I put my hand up, "I know where the towels are."

I start walking up the stairs and I mumble to myself, "Guys! For your sake, you better not be up here!"

I walk up the stairs and see the backs of the guys standing by the bathroom. Trevor sees me, but he looks like he's seen a ghost. He runs past me and when I turn back around, the guys are gone. I look out the window and I see the guys by the pool. I sneak downstairs and signal for the girls to stay in the living room. I walk outside and the guys were pulling their pants up, Reggie looked embarrassed when he saw me.

 "Did you guys have fun in there?"

Luke looked at me, "You would do the exact same thing if someone stole all of your songs."

"But you have new songs, with Julie. And the best way to get back at him is for that band to do great."

"Ugh! We know," Luke groaned.

"Dude! Not cool!" Alex almost yelled.

"Yeah man, she's just trying to help," Reggie smiled at me.

"Oh come on!" He looked at Alex, "You're her new bestfriend," he looked at Reggie, "and you're in love with her! Of course you guys are going to defend her!" Reggie gasped, Luke put his hands over his mouth and Alex lightly slapped him on the shoulder.

"What did you just say Luke?" I asked.

Reggie looked at Alex and nodded. Alex walked over to me and said, "Reggie is in love with you. He talks about you all the time and we've never seen him like this before you-"

"I don't know if I can sit here and listen to this," Reggie sighed.

"No Reg..." I looked past Alex at him. I walked through Alex and over to Reggie. I put my hands around his neck. "Is that true?"

He was awkward and started stuttering, "Ye.. ye.." he coughed, "yes."

I elevated myself slightly on the platforms of my feet and pressed my lips to his. He was shocked at first, but then he melted in and put his hands around my waist to pull me closer. I wasn't on my platforms anymore, he was leaning down. The kiss lasted as long as I could breathe. I had to pull away first.

I looked next to me and realized the guys were gone. He put his forehead to mine and smiled. We stood there for a couple seconds just staying in each other's company. "Do you want to hang out for the rest of the day?" I ask.

"Yeah..." he scratched the back of his neck. "I don't think the guys are going to be rehearsing so I think I can," he had a huge grin on his face. It was making my heart melt.

We walked inside and I gave Jules the thumbs-up. We walked out the front door and as soon as we were sure that we were out of sight from the security guard and Carrie, Reggie intertwined our fingers. I smiled and Flynn looked confused.

"What's up Flynn?" Julie asked.

She chuckled, "Oh it's nothing! Only the fact that I can see Reggie."

Julie gasped and Reggie looked at me.