Chapter 3: I Forgot You Weren't a Ghost

I wake up around 10 am. It was a long night last night. I was thinking about Jacob, but also... Reggie. I knew I had a couple hours before I had to go to Julie's, but I didn't know what to do. I walk into my kitchen and the same ghost I was just thinking about was there, sitting on the counter.

I giggled, "What are you doing here Reg?"

He looked at me and I realized he'd been crying. I walk over and stand in front of him, "Reg, what's wrong?"

He just looked at me, "My parents. They fought all the time when I was alive. I miss them yeah, but Alex and Luke had a heated argument a couple minutes ago and it reminded me too much of them. I needed to get out."

"Hey, hey it's okay," out of instinct I put both of my hands on Reggie's shoulders, "I'm here I promise."

He pulled me in for a hug. I'm not that short, but my head was to his lower chest, since he was sitting on the counter. "Y/N..." I didn't answer, "Y/N!"

I pulled away, "What?"

"You just hugged me," he was smiling now.

"I did? Oh my God I did!"

"We have to go tell the guys!" Reggie poofed away and I waited a second. He came back and I looked at him. He chuckled, "I forgot you weren't a ghost. Whoops." He laughed again, this time a little harder.

He jumped down from the counter and tried to tow me out the door. "Hey hey! Humans have to eat, Reg."

"Oh... right," nobody could wipe the smile off of this boy's face.

I walked over to my fridge and took out a cold piece of pizza. I took a bite and walked over to Reggie. It's a good thing I got dressed before I came down. Reggie was just looking at me, smiling. "What?"

"Nothing," he shook his head. "It's just that I would do that same thing when I was alive."

"Oh," I smiled.

We walked for a little while until we reached Julie's. I walked into the garage, Luke and Julie were sitting on the piano bench together. "Hey lovebirds. Reggie and I have something we want to share with you all."

"Yeah yeah!" Reggie was like a little puppy. "So I was upset when Luke and Alex were arguing, because it reminded me of my parents right? Well... I thought of a place I could go to feel better and I appeared in Y/N's kitchen. She found me and I told her what was wrong because I was crying. She put her hands on my shoulders, so I leaned in for a hug. We stood there a couple seconds and-"

"Wait she touched you?" Julie asked.

"Uh yeah Jules, that's kind of the whole point of the story," I say.

Alex came over to me. He put his hand through me. "I can't touch her."

Luke appeared on the other side of me. He tried to grab my arm, "Yeah. I can't either."

Julie walked over to me, "Why is it just Reggie?"

"I don't know, add it to our list of questions," Alex said.

"Okay how about you guys figure this out and Julie and I can write songs? Cool?"

"Yeah sure, I know a pretty big library about a mile from here."

"Let's blow this popsicle stand!" Reggie yelled.

Once we arrive at the library, we go on the hunt. After 30 minutes of searching, Alex calls for us. He points to a book titled Ghostly Myths and Phantom Facts. I look at Alex and whisper, "You're kidding right?"