Chapter 10: They Have The Same Chemistry You and Luke Do!

All four of us are walking until we arrive at the street that we have to part ways. Reggie and I's fingers are still intertwined. We walk to my house and I see that my parents still aren't home. We walk in and Reggie releases our grasp. He starts rubbing the back of his neck and he turned to face me. He looked down and had a goofy grin plastered on his face.

"We've shared two kisses..." he was blushing like crazy. "I want to officially ask you if you would be mine?" he took both of my hands in his.

I looked up at him and knew that I was blushing too. "I think that question was long overdue Reg."

He chuckled, "You were with your boyfriend for the majority of the time I wanted to ask!"

I giggled, "Yeah I guess I was."

"Oh! Give me a sec," Reggie pointed up to nothing and disappeared. He came back with a box in his hands.

"Reg! Did you steal that?"

"Maybe," he smirked, "I love pizza, and I know that you do too."

"Why thank you kind sir," I said doing a fake courtesy.

He giggled and I took the box from him. Truth be told I was starving. I grabbed a plastic plate and put two pieces on it. I started eating the warm pieces of pepperoni.

"Even though this is theft, thank you."

He smiled, "Of course."

We sat in the kitchen and talked and laughed. I was done with my pizza, but we still stayed. I looked at my watch and realized that I had to be at school in 1 hour.

"I have to do my makeup! Want to come sit in the bathroom and talk?"

"Yeah, sure!"

I grabbed his wrist and hauled him upstairs. I put his jacket on the side of the bathtub. He went to reach for it when I stopped him.

"Don't you do it Reginald," he froze, "That's part of my outfit."

He held both of his hands up in defense and started laughing, "Sorry! Sorry..."

I took my phone out and started playing some music. Now Or Never came on. Reggie recognized the first chords immediately. We sang so loud that I couldn't even hear Luke. When Reggie and Alex's solos came up I sang Alex's and Reg harmonized.

I looked at my phone after I was done. "Oh shoot! We're late."

I grabbed the jacket and my phone. I looked at Reggie, "Let's go!"

He scrambled to his feet and followed me downstairs and out the front door. We were speed-walking to the school. We were laughing about small things when we arrived and Jacob was getting out of Nick's car with Carrie. I could feel my blood boiling.

Reggie wrapped his arms around my waist so I would calm down. It worked almost instantly. He had his stomach and chest pressed to my back. Then I realized something.

"Reg, if we touch people can see you."

"I know, but I want those jerks over there to know what guy you have," he smiled and kissed my cheek.

I made eye contact with Jacob. He was furious. I held Reggie's hand as we walked inside. The gym was decorated in our school colors. Flynn was at the DJ booth getting hype.

"Do we have any Bobcats in the house?"

Cheers happened all around us as we were making our way to her.

"Everybody make some noise!"

Cheers happened, we were closer.

"Okay okay, not too much noise though, because there's an anger management meeting down the hall."

Everyone laughed as Reggie and I reached her. She squats down to meet us, "Julie's backstage along with the rest of your stuff!"

I walked backstage and saw Julie, "I love the outfit!"

"Thanks! It was my moms!"

"Hey Julie?" Reggie asked, "So do you mind if me and my girlfriend can perform together?"

"He?" She looked at me, "Yes of course oh my God!" she yelled.

"I knew it!" Flynn said crossing her arms. She went back to her DJ booth. "Alright everyone! First performance of the night! Y/N Y/L/N and she is joined by special guest, her boyfriend!"

I blushed as I walked onstage. I let out a deep, shaky breath and started singing the words to the song that was about the boy onstage.

I sang the last note and Reggie disappeared. The crowd broke out into a roar. I saw the expression that Jake had on his face and I just laughed.

I walked back to Julie, "So?"

She started jumping up and down, "That was amazing!"

"I agree!" Flynn almost shouted, "They have the same chemistry that you and Luke do!"

Jacob and Nick came up the stairs, Flynn went back to her DJ booth. "That was awesome!" Nick announced.

I walked over and hugged him. I could feel three sets of eyes on me. "It was pretty good. Better than your other song. Pretty sure I'm your muse since both songs are about me."

Reggie scoffed. I looked at him, then back at Jake. "Jacob... that song was only partially about you. Did you not listen?"

Reggie laughed, "So dumb."

Julie crossed her arms, "For the love of everything, stop making everything about you Jacob."

"Can it, Molina."

Nick looked at me and shook his head. I was furious. Being disrespectful to me I can stand, but when you insult my friends, my family... that's when I get heated. I walked over to Jacob and grabbed him by the ear, tugging him to the stairwell and I closed the door.

"What do you think you're doing? We used to be bestfriends and now you act like you don't even want to be acquaintances. Then you had the nerve to show up at my home today! Be glad I didn't call the cops. I know that you and Jules never liked each other but that doesn't matter. You come to the dance I am performing at and disrespect my friends!" I crossed my arms.

"You done?" 

I felt everything that he has done build up inside me unleash. I brought back all my force and struck him in the face as hard as I could. 

"I would say what that was for, but I think you know," I smirked as I turned to walk through the door.

I looked down and saw the blood on my knuckle, then I realized it wasn't mine.