Chapter 5: Anytime, Bestfriend

I groan as the sun shines through my window. I look around and realize Reggie left. He probably went back to the garage after I fell asleep so the guys didn't worry too much. Today is Sunday. I look at my phone and realize my parents are at church, then they'll have brunch with one of the families like they do every Sunday. I normally go to church with them, but I bet they didn't wake me because of Jacob.

Oh right, Jacob. And Carrie. I had completely forgotten until now. I guess spending my time with Reggie took some of my pain away. I had about 4 hours until he got there, so I decided to take a long shower. I needed it. I walk into my bathroom and turn my phone at max volume. Blaring my music, I turn the water on. Once it's warm enough I get in and wash my hair, singing a few verses here and there.

I got out of the shower did my skincare routine. It's quite elaborate. After about 30 minutes I tackle my hair. There isn't a whole lot I do to it, except put product in it usually. Today is different though. I put a different product in my hair and blow dry it. I brush through it and it looks good, the last time I did this was when I went to the back-to-school dance last year.

I walk into my room and open my closet. What to wear? I look over at my desk and see Reggie's jacket is hanging on the back of the chair. Okay, something that will look good with a leather jacket. Hmmmm. I heard a poof. I turned and it was Alex. I was in a towel so he didn't see anything.

"Getting ready for your date with Reggie?" he was rocking back and forth on his heals.

"It's not a date, Alex."

"I think it is. And I'm pretty sure he does too."

"Look, I'm still technically with my boyfriend, so the dating will have to wait a little bit."

"Yeah, alright."

"Are you at least going to help me pick out an outfit that'll go well with his leather jacket?"

Alex scoffed, "Not a date, huh?"

I rolled my eyes, "Well are you?"

He laughed, "Yeah, yeah, I'll help."

After a couple minutes of searching, Alex pulled out an outfit and I put it on.

Alex did a chef's kiss, "Beautiful!"

"Alright, I agree," I laced up my white Converse. I looked at my phone and it read 1:30 pm. An hour and a half before our so-called date, "Alex I'm going downstairs to get some food, you want to stick around?"

"Uh sure. I don't really have anywhere else to go because Luke and Julie are writing songs and Reg is at the beach."

"Well come on then!"

We walk downstairs, I dance over to the fridge. Alex sits on the counter, where Reggie did yesterday. I see that we have no more pizza, "Dang it, we're out of pizza."

Alex started giggling. "What's so funny?"

"You and Reggie really are made for each other. Pizza was his religion when he was alive."

Alex and I talk for a while. I eventually found some Pop Tarts. He told me about when he came out to his parents and how he stayed in the garage for the rest of his life after that. The house belonged to Alex's family. They sold it after he died and moved to Florida. It wasn't just Alex that stayed in that garage. Luke left his parents on bad terms a year before he died. Every other night Reggie would be there too because his parents were fighting constantly.

I shared some difficulties I had when I was younger. I had grown up on the poorer side of LA, until my dad got a job with a record company and his career took off. We got to move into this house when I was 8. It had been tough. I had a sister, but she was much older. She was working the Orpheum the night the guys were supposed to perform. That's when she introduced my parents to their music.

That night my sister also met Bobby. Or Trevor Wilson. He was 17 and she was 16, my age. After a while my parents realized what a bad influence he was. They told her to stop seeing him. She refused and claimed she fell in love with him. She packed her stuff and left. A couple years later, they were invited to her wedding. Shortly after, my mom found out she was pregnant with me. My sister was living the dream, she had Bobby, now Trevor as a husband. We found out through the celeb gossip that my sister was pregnant.

Carrie is technically my niece. We both know it, but nobody else does. We don't talk about it because we can't stand each other. My sister passed away when Carrie and I were 3. I never really knew her. As far as my parents are concerned, I'm their only child. When I was venting about all this to Alex he made a few faces. He was surprised, then not.

"So your boyfriend cheated on you with your niece?"

"Yeah. He doesn't know we're related, but yeah."

"Wow. I can't believe Bobby is your brother-in-law."

I scoff, "Yeah."

I look at my phone, it read 2:57 pm. "Reg will be here in a few minutes."

"Oh. Okay, I'm glad we talked."

"Yeah, me too. Please don't tell anyone Alex."

"You have my word."

"Thank you."

"Anytime, bestfriend."

I smiled and he disappeared.