28| Making Plans

~To The Story~

Gakushu loved the atmosphere here. The tea cafe was always so quiet, classy, and rich in scent. The first time he came here was with his mother when he was very young. It was a memory that stood out to him the most. When he was growing up, he didn't have many memories of her. Most of the childhood memories he recalls were centred around his father.

He had plenty of awful memories but the ones with his mother were the quite opposite. He can look back on those memories and feel a sense of nostalgia and peace. He doesn't have many so he cherishes the ones he does remember.

It's been years since he'd last been in here. That is until Miho suggested coming here one day. It was a couple of years ago and when she told him to hang out here he couldn't refuse. It made him happy to be back here and share with someone his love of this place.

"Wow, the biscuits here are so much better than before."Miho marvelled at the sweetness.

Curious, Gakushu reached over to her plate and took a piece of the treat. He took a bite, chewed and thought about the taste.

"Hm, they taste the same to me." He shrugs.

"Well, I'm going to order a new batch anyway," Miho says, then tried to experiment by dipping the biscuit into her hot tea. "Would your mom like some?"

"Thanks, she would love some," Gakushu said, with a hint of gentleness in his tone.

The model smiled. She always found it super adorable how much Gakushu loves his mom.

"Oh, I almost forgot." Miho perked up. "The clothing line I'm working with is throwing a private party to celebrate their 25th anniversary this Friday. I don't want to go alone, I'll look like a loser. So, do you mind being my date?"

"No, I don't mind," he responded simply. This wouldn't be the first time he'd be her date for these kinds of social events.

Miho couldn't help but smile, with the colour pink clouding her cheeks. Internally, she was squealing. Though, the joy she's been trying to contain was pushed back when you entered her thoughts.

She quietly sucked on her teeth and tapped her fingernail against her teacup.

Now that the model see's you as a friend, she wants to share this exciting news with you. And she would have blindly done so if it wasn't for your feelings for Gakushu.

'Would she get mad?' Miho wonders.

Maybe if she explains to herself to you that the date has no romantic meaning behind it. She knows Gakushu wouldn't have accepted to go with her if she was trying to make them seem like more than friends.

Miho felt her shoulders slumped.

For a moment there, she did wish that you didn't have feelings for the overachiever. Well, at the very least, the possibility of Gakushu dating you were very low. Which is why she doesn't care if you have a crush on the strawberry blond. You can like him all you want. Nothing is going to happen.

Still, maybe she shouldn't tell you.

"Where is it being held?" Gakushu asked.

"They're booking it at a hotel."

Her tea cooled down to a lukewarm, giving her the chance to drink it freely without burning her tongue. Her minty green eyes gazed over by the window next to her.

"Oh," she lowered her cup when she spotted your (h/c) hair among the crowd from below. "Is that (y/n)-chan down there?"

Gakushu's eyes slid over to Miho. Following her gaze, he found quite a few people down below, waiting to get through the crosswalk.