11| Misunderstanding

~To The Story~

"Hey, good morning, (y/n)-chan."

Following the girl's voice, your eyes trailed over and saw a girl in your class, hovering near you and your shoe locker. Kyoko was her name. Her pink glossy lips curled into a friendly smile.

"Good morning." You greeted then proceed to take out your indoor shoes, "Naoki isn't here today, sorry. He caught a cold."

"Er." Kyoko crinkled her nose. "I wasn't gonna ask about him."

"Huh. My bad." You send her a sheepish smile. "Do you need anything?"

You'd figured she was here to ask about your friend since the last time you checked she did ask him to be her gym partner and it seems Naoki has a thing for her. But if she wasn't here for Naoki you decided to ask if she needs something from you. It's not unusual for Kyoko to come and talk to you. You guys are classmates after all.

Maybe she wanted to borrow a pencil? Ask you to be her partner for science? Ask you if there was an assignment due today? You know, the usual question one classmate would ask another... Unfortunately, she didn't ask any of those questions nor anything related to those.

"Nothing really. I was just gonna ask if you knew Asano-kun had a girlfriend?"

In the middle of putting your indoor shoes away, you froze. "Huh?" Your eyes stilled on hers.

"Well, nothing has been confirmed yet." Kyoko cleared up, not noticing the shock in your eyes and twirling her mid-length ginger hair. "You see, some students saw Asano-kun walking with a girl out in the rain after school hours yesterday."

That girl yesterday was you! Some students saw the of you?!

"D...did they see the girl?"

"No, she was wearing his school blazer over her head. And now everyone wants to know who this mystery girl is. So, I'd thought I ask you since you were here after school. It was your turn to clean the classroom room, no?"

"I-I was, but I didn't see anything. And besides," You cleared your throat. "Who says that was Ga... Er... Asano-kun's girlfriend? He could have just offered her a ride."

"Yeah, that's what I thought. It was raining yesterday after all. But everyone is deadset on thinking it was his girlfriend." Kyoko sighed. "Oh, whatever. Still, whoever she was, she's super lucky to get a ride with Asano-kun." She giggled.

"Yeah..." You forced out a smile. "She is lucky."

"Do you think it was one of our senpai's?"

You shrugged. "Who knows?"

"Hm. Anywho~" she chirped. "Sorry to bother you. I'll see you in class," with a friendly smile she walked past to continue on her own routine.

You didn't say anything back to her. You took a minute to catch your breath and remember to closer your shoe locker. If you weren't wearing Gakushu's blazer over your head then you would have gotten tangled up in a big misunderstanding that involves the golden boy himself; Gakushu Asano.

You felt you dodged a bullet there.

And surely you didn't want that. The only thing felt good about is that Gakushu doesn't have a girlfriend after all.

Not wanting to think too much of it you kept on what you were doing before Kyoko came in. With your indoor shoes on and outdoor shoes put away, you travelled off to homeroom.

Once entering, you saw a few other students hanging around.

"(Y/n)-san." A boy from your class greeted you as you walked in. You saw him two rows down your desk, along with a couple of other guys. "You were here after school, right? Did you see Asano-kun's girlfriend?"