27| Food Trucks

~To The Story~

Shoyo took a deep breath as the cafe you worked in towered over him. Yesterday, Naoki told him that you're willing to see him today at your workplace. The kiss from last night would not escape his mind and not in a good way.

Mustering up the courage, he pushed the door and let himself in. The air conditioning circulating the cafe hit him the second he walked in. Because of the summer heat going on outside, he welcomed the cold air.

Shoyo glanced around, looking for you. His blue eyes spotting you a few tables down. You were chatting with a group of teenagers. You were mad about something the redhead said and the green hair girl was keeping you from smacking someone at work. A boy with blue hair was sighing, disappointed and the boy with a baseball cap was nudging the redhead, telling him to knock it off.

On second thought, you look busy, maybe he should come back another time-

"Oh, hey Shoyo!"

Too late. Just as he was turning around, he heard your voice.

Meekly, he turned back around. "H-hey." He forced a smile.

"Table for one?" You offered, sporting a good nature smile. If you had any sort of discomfort around him, you didn't show it. Though, he did re-call Naoki saying that you weren't upset about the kiss. The fact that you didn't attempt to punch him is proof enough apparently.

"No." Shoyo gently shook his head. "I didn't come here to eat... I wanted to apologize."

"About yesterday, right?" You guessed. Still no sign of discomfort in your eyes.

"Yeah. I'm really sorry."

"Chill, will ya? I don't see why you're so guilty." You smiled reassuringly, showing no symptoms of any resentment towards him. "I shouldn't have run away like that. If anyone should apologize is me. So I'm sorry. And we just kissed. No biggy."

Shoyo pressed his lips together. Not everything was resolved yet and you knew that.

"To be honest, I know this is going to sound stupid but the reason why I ran off like that was 'cause I like this other guy." You were blushing, eyes trailing off to the side. Probably debating whether or not you should go on. "And a part of me feels like... I cheated on him."

Shoyo blinked.

"Oh..." He sighed in relief, his palm pressed against his chest. So it did have nothing to do with him after all. Then, he started chuckling from how unnecessarily tensed he was all night. And for nothing, it turns out.

You frowned. "What?"

"Uh," his smile stiffens, realizing that you might have mistaken his laugh as a mockery over you. You already admit how ridiculous you sounded so you didn't need anyone laughing at you at the moment. "Nothing, nothing. I wasn't laughing at you, I swear."

"Hmm." You frowned, doubtful. Though, it didn't seem like it was worth berating him over.

The white hair boy rubbed his neck, remembering there was more to say.

"Thanks for telling me. I was worried you have hated me." He admits.

"Hate you? Over a kiss? Please." You blew a raspberry. "We were simply caught in the moment. So why don't we just forget about it?"

For a second, Shoyo's smiled vanished. You suggested as if it was easy. Well, you already have feelings for another guy must it was probably a lot easier for you to forget. Shoyo on the other hand...