10| Rain, Rain, Please Come Again Another Day

~To The Story~

"(Y/n)... Hey (y/n)." Naoki stretched his neck to take a peek at what grade you got on yesterday's test. "What did you get?"

To save him the small trouble, you showed him the front of your sheet. "81%." You grinned.

You saw how his expression faltered from this. "You know, I like it better when you got average grades. It made me feel less stupid."

You chuckled at him.

"Thank you, class representative, for handing out the test back." Your homeroom teacher said. "If anyone of you has any questions about your grades from the test, then see me at the facility room at lunch."

The shrill sound of the bell rang through the entire school right on time, letting everyone know that it's time for lunch. On cue, everyone got up from their seats and began packing their books away. The teacher reminded everyone of tonight's homework before departing from the classroom.

Once all your belongings were in your bookbag, you settled the strap on your shoulder before checking to see if Naoki was done packing.

"Hey, (y/n)." Naoki began as he swung his bag over his shoulder as the two of you began to walk out of the classroom together. "I saw some new photo's from your Instagram. Who was that girl you were with?"

"Oh." You beamed a smile. "I made a new friend."

"Ah, that's good." Naoki smiled at you. "And she is pretty."

"I'm not giving you her number," you said firmly.

"I wasn't gonna ask that!" He argued, cheeks fuming.

"Sure, sure." You waved him off, clearly not buying what he said and leaving him with a dejected look. "Her name is Kayano. She's good friends with Sugino as well."

"Huh, what a small world."

"Right?" You chuckled.

Kayano and you did exchange numbers, so you get the feeling you'll see her and talk to her from time to time. Which it's great. You don't have any female friends. Well, you did back in junior high, but you grew apart from them once you entered high school. It's not like you'd prefer to hang out with guys more. You just happen to have more male friends. Plus, it's not like you were the type to have a whole group of friends.

"Oh," Naoki stopped in his tracks, followed by, wondering what's up. The traffic between the two of you causes other students to walk around you. "There's Asano-kun. Why don't you say hi to him?"

Following your friend's eye line, you too spotted the strawberry blond. He was standing two classroom doors away and seeing him made your heart fluttered.

You wanted to say hi to him, but you saw him already talking to someone. A girl to be specific. She was blushing while talking to him and holding her notebook, indicating that she needed help with a certain subject.

"He-he looks busy." You mumbled, putting a hand on Naoki, gesturing him to keep walking with you.

Naoki saw how nervous you were by his suggestion and decided not to pressure you. You managed to avoid making any kind of eye contact with the boy.

Which is the reason why you didn't see Gakushu eyeing you as you stroll down the hall and drowning out the rest of what the girl in front of him was saying.

"Asano-kun?"

"Hm?" His attention turned back to the girl. "Oh, forgive me. What were you saying?"

The girl pouted knowing how she lost his attention for a fleeting moment.

"Yikes! It's raining cats and dogs."