38| There Was An Attempt

~To The Story~

[The night before]

After a long day of work, Miho was finally able to go home. She usually enjoys the car ride back home because it gives her time to unwind after a long day. Also, looking out the window and seeing all the city lights during the night, especially with some instrumental music playing on the radio is relaxing.

Though this time tonight, she couldn't enjoy the little safe haven.

Because, as the duty of a friend, Miho has to take the time to call you after hearing the rejection.

She feels bad. She truly does.

However, the problem was that she would never admit this out loud, she's even disgusted with herself for this, but a part of her is relieved that Gakushu rejected you. There was a small voice in her head telling her that he wouldn't. It taunted her.

But, as she expected, you and Gakushu aren't in a relationship.

And that's good for her.

Miho lowered her head in shame.

She's relieved yet, here she is, on the verge of calling you to ask you how you're doing. Because of how she really felt, Miho didn't want to call you. But, she also wants to be there for you. You must feel pretty crappy by getting rejected, so you probably need all your friends.

"Miho-san, we're here."

"Huh?" When she glances up from her phone, the model realizes that the car is parked right in front of her apartment building.

She's been staring at her phone for the past 15 minutes?!

"Uh." She wanted to tell him to give him a minute so she could call you, but it would be rather selfish to keep the man sitting there. His job is to drive her around simply. He probably wants to go home. "Okay, thanks." She smiles and leaves the car. "See you tomorrow."

When she shuts the door Miho hurries inside of the building. She was worried there would be paparazzi waiting around for her in the distance. Although this kind of apartment is commonly used by people in the entertainment industry, since does an excellent job of keeping trespassers away, she still felt the need to run inside.

When she went in, she quickly felt a lot safer.

The person working at the front desk greeted her and informed her that her mother was already up in her room. Miho almost let a grimace slip past her.

Ugh.

What does her mother want?

Miho decided not to go upstairs right away. She stayed in the lobby and figured she might as well call you while she was here. She sat on one of the sofas and searched for your name in her contact info.

"Hey, Miho-san, what's up?"

"Hey, (y/n)." Miho starts off, not exactly matching your cheerful tone. Because of her feelings for Gakushu, she felt awkward to try and cheer you up after getting rejected by him. "I... I just wanted to check on you."

"Umm..." You hummed confusingly. "For what?"

"Er..." She uncomfortably tapped her fingernail against her phone. "Gakushu told me what happened."

There was a pause on your end. An uncomfortable pause.

"...Oh." You muttered.

"Yeah..." She sheepishly breathes out. "You okay?" She asks gently.

"...As good as I can be." You admit.

You don't sound too upset. Still, it must have hurt and she wouldn't blame you if you're trying not to make a big deal out of it.