4| Absent

This evil acorn sees Asano as some kind of idol, and you cannot tell me otherwise. 🌰

~To The Story~

You plopped the piece of meat into your mouth before chewing it slowly just to test the waters.

"Ah, this really good." Your eyes twinkled.

If you weren't a guest at Asano's house you would have gobbled down your whole plate right about now. First-class people get first-class food. You felt a little envious.

"Thank you." Nagi smiled, looking flattered. "Gakushu has always been so picky when it came to food, so I had to work hard just to satisfy his taste."

"I wouldn't say I'm a picky eater, and why would you tell her that?"

"Oh it's fine, it's fine." The woman waved off the boy. "She might as well be aware of your flaws."

"Honestly," he sighed at his mother.

"Heh," you smiled, almost letting out a chuckled, and from that, Asano gave you a narrowed eye glance, but you ignored him.

This has been going a lot better than you expected. His mom treated you like a proper guest, and you get to eat some amazing food. Sure sometimes you felt out of place and a little awkward, but overall, everything has been going smoothly. Even better, Asano hasn't said anything rude to you, or anything to lower your self-esteem. Probably 'cause his mother is here.

"Sorry that my husband isn't here to join us. He's been pretty busy lately," Nagi told you.

"Oh, no, don't worry about it," you said, smiling, not making it into a big deal.

No, really, she doesn't have to apologize. You were inwardly relieved that he isn't here. It is one less thing to worry about. Being with one male Asano was enough to put you on the edge.

"So, the two of you went to junior high together?" Nagi asked.

"Uh, yeah," you replied, hoping she doesn't go any deeper than that. "But we weren't in the same class,"

"We just started talking recently," Asano calmly injected.

Going along, you nodded in agreement. He isn't necessarily wrong. The two of you did recently started talking.

"Your son was the one who suggested that we be friends-" from your right, where Asano was sitting, you heard him lowering his blow and giving you a 'shut up' glare. "-It was super random."

Hey you're not lying, he did randomly come into your life and ask you to come over to his house, and you might as well poke fun at him while you're at it.

Nagi laughed. "Really? That doesn't like you, Gakushu. You must like this girl."

Your body twitched as the colour pink clouded your cheeks from hearing those words. However, unlike you, Asano wasn't as fazed as you were.

"Well, she isn't annoying like a lot of the girls I come across."

"....Thanks?" You gave him a half offensive look.

"But I don't find M-- Oops!" Nagi covered her mouth, while her chopsticks almost slipped off her hand. You blinked a few times at her. The blonde woman then chuckled away her words. "(Y/n)-san, have some more salad." She lamely took the salad blow and placed it near you.

"Uhh, sure..." You said sheepishly and just accepted the salad. From that brief moment when Nagi was talking, you could tell she was about to say someone's name. When you glanced at Asano he was acting as nothing happened and just kept eating.