3| Was Not Expecting That

~To The Story~

You were steady and careful when pouring the tea into the cup, letting the hot liquid fill up the cup. The person you were pouring this for was a friend of yours who comes by your workplace as a repeating customer.

"Remind me again, why you said yes?" Sugino asked once you told him about your encounter with Asano and how you are supposed to visit his home and everything.

"Should have said no? I will remind you that this boy could turn the whole school on me with the flip of a hat." You huffed out some air, holding the kettle firmly into your hand.

"Well," Sugino settled his cup on the table after taking a small sip. "Asano-kun has changed a little since junior high, so I doubt he would have turned the whole school against you."

"Like hell I'm taking a chance with that narcissist." You snarled. "He called me a 'nameless girl'. I don't care how pretty his face is, next time he calls me that I'mma slap him across the face!"

"(Y/n) calm down," your co-worker, Isogai said, walking past you to attend to other customers. "It's not like you to get so worked up."

You sighed, recomposing yourself. "You're right, sorry."

With the softness of Sugino's eyes and a sympathetic smile, he said. "Don't worry too much about it. Granted I don't talk to Asano-kun, nor have I seen him since junior high, but I can say that you'll be just fine."

"You're really optimistic, aren't ya?"

"It helps."

He really is an optimistic guy. He's been that way since your elementary school days. Mainly the reason you're so close with Sugino up until now is that you use to play baseball when the two of you were kids.

It was then, Isogai came up to you, putting a reassuring hand on you, trying to give you emotional support like the good boy he is.

"There, there," the brunette flashed a smile. "Try not to think too much of it."

Isogai's words seem to have calmed you down a bit. He has always been the kind of person to support anyone in need.

"Wait," Sugino spoke up as if he realized something. "You said you were meeting his mom right? I didn't know he had one. She must be a total nut job for marrying our old Principle."

That realization made all your anxiety come back. Sugino was right, what kind of person would marry a man like Gakuho Asano?! A total nut job, that's who! You paled at the thought. What if Asano's mother was worse than the two gentlemen?

Isogai was the one who noticed the kind of state you were in and sent Sugino a wobbly sheepish smile. "Sugino, you're not helping."

When the said boy noticed your gloomy expression, he flinched. "S-sorry," he then sheepishly smiled, waving both of his hands. "I was only thinking out loud."

You sighed, your shoulders slumped and all the positive energy Isogai was trying to fill you in has all gone to waste.

"I'm getting back to work." You mutter, dragging your feet. You tried not to put on a gloomy expression for the rest of your shift, otherwise, your boss will chew you out again.

The time you have been dreading over has finally come. You wanted the start of your weekend to be good, and normal, but nope, because a certain egotistical strawberry blond had to ruin that. Then again, you might be too negative. You might have a good time... Well, that depends on how Asano and his mother will treat you. You hoped his father is not there since he was your old principal.... talk about awkward.