23| Feelings

~To The Story~

By the time you got to work, your hair became more damped than drenched. None of your female coworkers commented on why you showed up to work with your gym outfit instead of your school uniform. You assumed in their perspective it was nothing.

You didn't have any more time to get angry at Jun and Fumiko because your job won't allow you to. You need to be cheerful around the customers and show that you're not in a bad mood. So, you put on a trained smile, even when dealing with those entitled customers. Yet, you did your job, wanting the day to be over so you can just go home.

"Okay, two ice coffees." You scribbled down the two drinks in your messy notepad.

The two college girls thank you and you went ahead to get their drinks. Today wasn't necessarily packed, but because it was after school hours, you do see many students from high school and university.

You often see kids from other schools and even in your own school. Though, what surprised you was when you came across someone you use to know.

Abruptly halting your tracks, you spotted a girl sitting in one of the booths. Those charcoal eyes and curly hair caught your attention as well as her face. She grew up a bit since the last time you saw her.

Mei caught you at the same time you noticed her. Her eyebrows arched in surprise as she froze in her seat.

"Oh, hey (y/n)." Mei greeted, trying to force out a friendly smile but it turned out a bit awkward.

Memories of the ruined chocolates came back to you and the feeling of abandonment as well. She stopped talking to you just because you had a crush on Gakushu back then and forced the rest of your friends to turn their back on you. It resulted in you being alone until you met Naoki in highschool.

"Hi," you greeted back coolly and walked past her. You didn't miss the small wince and guilt in her eyes and you also heard the male sitting in front of her asking her who you were when he noticed the tension.

It's been so long since you've thought about her and how she ended your friendship with you. Forgetting about her and ignoring her, you focused on your job. You don't have to serve her which makes things easier for you.

"Hey, (y/n)~!" You hear your friend Naoki's voice. Knowing where he was, you turned your attention to the entrance of the restaurant as you were just finishing up giving the two girls their ice coffees. "Can you get us a seat?" He waved with his extended arm, being too loud for your liking.

You wanted to glare at him, but something prevented you from doing so. It was because he had a friend beside him. On Naoki's right, there was a boy with him.

He was scanning the cafe, with a semi-curious expression, looking as if he had never been here. Quite an attractive guy Naoki brought along. Even from where you were standing, you can tell he was a fairly tall guy, short white hair that touched the nape of his neck and covered his ears except for the ear lobes. His baby blue eyes were satisfying and kind.

His blue orbs did fall on yours as he was looking around which made you flinch. Ignoring the cringe, you marched over to the two.

"Naoki, you can't yell in here remember?" You gently scolded him.

He smiled, wincing apologetically. "Sorry."

You sighed. Your attention quickly went to the boy next to your friend.

"Hi," you greeted. "Welcome to Kunugi-Kaze."

"Hello." The boy smiled back. A warm and friendly smile. "You're (l/n)-san?"