29| True Colours

Thank you, Scorpio (Quotev user) for the fan art :) I love it! ♡( ◡‿◡ )

~To The Story~

"Morning, mom."

"Good morning, (y/n)." Your mother greeted you lovingly as you stepped into the kitchen. During the summer, you often sleep until noon. Unless you had to go to work in the morning.

"You're up early." She couldn't help but point out.

Even with the hot shower you took, you still find yourself feeling sluggish as you walked into the kitchen and took a seat.

Geez, you were not a morning person.

"I'm going out with some friends later." You simply explained. There was already a couple of drink for you to juices to choose from. You went with the orange juice and went ahead to pour yourself a glass.

"Yeah?" She hums, only taking a glance at you over her shoulder.

When the fish was done cooking, she turned the knob, shutting down the heat of the stove. When the fish was on the plate she walked towards you and settled the fish in front of you along with a bowl of rice.

"Is one of those friends of yours a boy you like?" A small coy smile crept up to her face.

"Wh-what?" You feigned a baffled expression then scoffed. "N-no!" Avoiding her eyes, you picked up your chopstick and ate some rice, in haste.

Unless she's been stalking you, then there's no way she's able to figure that you had a crush on someone. Or it could be the that keen eye of hers that only a mother obtains by the time they get their firstborn.

"Hm-hm." She hummed unconvincingly, raising an eyebrow, towering over you.

Raising her hand, she gently brushed a few strands of hair behind your ear.

"Then why was one of my shampoo bottles missing from my bathroom?" She questions.

'Crap.'

You glanced at her and swallowed some rice.

"Must have been Dad." You said, keeping cool and feeling the need to add a joke. "He's been telling me that he wanted to try something different with his hair lately."

Or at least what's left of it.

"Aww." Your mother gushes, obviously not believing your lie. "You do have a crush!" She squeezes you into a hug. "That's so cute!" She continued to squeal like the dotting mother she is.

You didn't hug her back and just grouched.

"Mom." You sighed quite annoyingly. Not to mention flustered. "You're embarrassing me."

"Sorry," your mother backed away, smiling. "But I couldn't help it. No matter how many boys you befriended you never seemed interested in any one of them. So the fact that one of them captured your eyes must mean this boy is very special to you."

You violently blushed. Hearing your mother of all people speaking so freely about your attraction towards the golden boy made you hot in the face.

"Mom!"

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I'll stop." Your mother didn't press on, getting the hint. But she was still smiling, probably taking in a lot of willpower to not squeal some more.

She turned and went back to cooking to serve herself her portion to contain herself.

You ate peacefully after that and your embarrassing state was beginning to simmer.