16| The King Who Hides His Tragedy

~To The Story~

You'd figured after going into 10 different stores Gakushu is bound to find a gift. But here you guys are, at store number 11 and he hasn't been so much as even interested in any of the items you have shown him. Mangas? No. Gift baskets? Nope. An electric scooter? You guessed it, nope.

At store number 11, you seemed to be more focused on anything you liked, rather than helping Gakushu. To be clear, you enjoyed spending time with the strawberry blond, it's just you hated that his focus was more on this girl than you yourself. In any other circumstance, you would have been in a better mood.

"Cute mug." You commented, inspecting the object in your hands.

"I don't think she'll like a mug." Gakushu, who was standing next to you, said plainly.

"Oh, I'm mostly talking to myself." You cleared up, peering up at him. "I broke my dad's mug yesterday. He was pretty mad and blamed me for being so clumsy but he seemed to have forgotten about it when breakfast came the following day. Still, I feel bad though. So I was thinking I should buy him a new mug as an apology."

"I'm not surprised that you would do something like that."

"Buy an apology gift for someone?" You asked with a smile, half expecting him to give you some kind of compliment.

"No, break someone else's valuable."

Your smile has completely faded. Ah, not a compliment at all. You were too naive. That one is on you. Gakushu isn't the type to throw compliments here and there after all.

"I'm not clumsy if that's what you're implying." You grumbled.

"Sure, sure" Gakushu brushed you off, clearly not believing you. He looked away to ignore your glare and instead scanned around the small shop. "There isn't anything here I would even label as a decent gift."

"Really? This store has a lot of cute things though." Your eyes scanned around. It was a store that sold home decor. There were a lot of nice things you would get for your room. Such as those fruity pillows, or those small potted plants.

"I'm starting to think as to why I asked a commoner like you to help me find a gift." He sighed.

One of your eyebrows twitched at the word 'commoner'. He sure has a way with words for someone who can easily sweep a girl off of her feet.

"Hey, I'm taking the time of day to help you. Stop being a buttface."

"What did you call me?!" Gakushu was baffled at the kind of childish insult you threw at him.

"Okay, I'm gonna go pay for this, so why don't you pick the next store." You waved your hands in order to shoo him away. It was pointless to look around in this store if he was going to be judgemental about everything here.

For a second there, you saw how he glared at your hand, no doubt upset about the rude gesture. Well, he was being rude first, so he should just suck it up.

"Fine. I'll be outside." Gakushu decided it was best to listen to you and departed to avoid dealing with another pointless argument with you.

The second you were going to take a step, your eyes caught two girls walking into the home decor store just as Gakushu was walking out. It seemed like Gakushu didn't pay any attention to them who were clearly taking a longing glance at him. The two girls soon giggled with blushes cheeks and proceed to walk into the store.

You grimaced at the sight. It was to be expected. Throughout the present hunt, Gaksuhu has unwilling to earn the attention of quite some girls around your guys' age. Some even approached him to strike up a flirty conversation while completely ignoring you!! Gakushu handled everything appropriately and gently turned down any girl. And you may or may not have stuck your tongue out to the girls when you and Gakushu walked away together.