30| Out Of The Comfort Zone

I can't get over how cute this fan art is. Thanks again  Annixzy Kozume (Quotev user), your art is super cute 💕🥺

~To The Story~

Yesterday was a total dud.

You went home feeling angry, hurt, irritated, and downright pathetic. How can Miho think of you like that? You truly believed she saw you as a friend, so you tried so hard to control that jealousy of yours. But now, you're not even going to consider her feelings.

She's not your friend.

And as far as you can tell, she doesn't even consider you a friend. She never has.

You spent the rest of the night in your room. You could have texted any of your other (real) friends and done something else to distract you from the pain, but, you felt a bit drained out and would rather be alone. However, before even returning home, you did get a text from Gakushu asking if you were okay. Guess Miho did end up telling the guys that you weren't feeling well.

It probably was a pretty lame excuse but it was the only thing you came up with at the time. At least the boys bought it, because Gakushu texted you, wondering if you were okay.

You felt crummy coming home but Gakushu's text lifted your spirits a bit at least.

He's such a stick in the mud but it's nice to know that he cares.

When he gets like that, it just made you want to spill the beans about your feelings. And, for a split second, you wanted to. But... Miho's words affected you far more than you would like to admit.

Yesterday, after your discussion with your mother, your confidence level has raised. You wanted to confess to Gakushu but not now after what Miho said.

Your confidence level plummet that night.

You did text him back telling him you'll be fine once you get some sleep. You said nothing else. It seemed as though he bought the lie. Because the next day, you woke up to this text:

Gakushu

How are you feeling this morning?

I found it strange that you got an upset stomach when I've seen you eat a lot more than the food you ordered.

It was the meat, wasn't it?

Do you need me to help you sue the people responsible for the food?

You let out a muffled squeal against your pillow as you kicked your legs. How is this guy so adorable?

Gakushu wasn't the only person who has sent you a text that morning. Miho even sent you a text. Something about wanting to talk. You didn't bother reading the rest and just left her on 'read' and went to work. Though you did make sure to let Gakushu that you're feeling a lot better this morning.

Now, was he kidding about helping you sue? No. He wasn't.

When you went to work that afternoon, it became much easier to ignore Miho once you got to work.

That is, until you got a lunch break.

"Something wrong," Isogai asked, catching your grimacing expression from across the table the moment you saw another text from the model. 

You settled your phone onto the table. "Nothing." You said calmly and picked up your chopstick. "Just got a spam message," you smiled.

"Ah," Isogai nodded, believing your lie. He then went back to eating... Well, god knows what exactly. One time you saw him eating fried goldfish that he caught from the summer festival. He gets them every year and shares them with his sibling.