{CHAPTER 9}

-START OF HER JOURNEY-

"KEI!!"

They couldn't believe it, Kei's body was now lying on the floor. Her head was facing sidewards and her black hair covered most of her face. They were looking at her body with shocked and terrified faces.

"hahahaha.........
HAHAHAHAHA!! FINALLY! The key which i was searching for days! I finally have the key to the door in the palm of my hands !! After so many days of fighting and surviving, I can finally have the weapon !!"

Kaito had an insane expression on his face as he threw his head back and laughed madly. The shocked look in Luffy's face soon turned to that of rage. His jaw clenched as he called his fists in anger.

"You Bastard! Why Did You Do That?!" 

Kaito turned to look at him with a mocking look, "Why you ask ?! Can't you still understand it ?! I've been fooling you all this time! I used you all just to get here !! This place, doesn't have any treasure!"

Everyone's eyes widened and their mouth slightly agape as what he said slowly registered in their brains.

" The night when the incident happened, the inventor didn't destroy the machine! Instead, he sealed the machine here because it was too POWERFUL!! AND NOW, I CAN FINALLY HAVE THAT POWER IN MY HAND WITH THE HELP OF THIS KEY !!" Kaito said with the craziness in his eyes while holding the key in front of him.

"That means you were misguiding and lying to us all this time?!" Zoro gritted his teeth in anger.

"Yeah! You all were just playing into my hands as I wanted!!"

"You scoundrel! How dare you do such a thing to her!!" Sanji said with a rageful expression as well.

"Kei-san ......." Vivi mumbled, now on the brink of crying. They hadn't known each other for long but looking at someone being shot in front of them wasn't a good sight.

"With the help of this key, I can now have that powerful weapon for myself! And with the help of it, I can defeat you all very easily! I will become the strongest ! I can even become the pirate king now! You all are doomed to die here !"

Kaito laughed and  faced the door. Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji were going to attack him but it was too late. Kaito had already placed the key on the door, which fitted perfectly on it.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It was silent for a long time. Everyone was now looking at the door with a dumbfounded look because it was still closed.

It was not opening.

"Huh? Wh-wh-why is it not working?" With eyebrows knitted in bafflement, he removed the key and inserted it again but still, nothing happened. He couldn't believe that even after all that he did, the key was still not working. Even the strawhat's were clueless and shocked now. Though, Usopp's eyes narrowed for a moment as he remembered something.

"DAMMIT!WHY IS IT NOT WORKING?!" Kaito yelled in frustration as he clutched the key in his hands tightly.

"Because it's fake,"