{CHAPTER 12}

(A:N) Kei has only watched One-piece till the Thiller bark arc. My Alabasta Arc's writing is not that good and I'm still editing these parts and planning to add a few more scenes when I get the time to. When I was writing this arc, my first priority was to publish chapters on time. That's one of the reasons the scenes in this arc seemed to be rushed. But after Alabasta arc my writing has become a bit better as per me.)

****************

-ROSE.......?"-

"Hah! I win again."

Kei said while revealing her cards. It was morning and the sun was shining brightly above the ship. Right now Usopp, Sanji, Zoro, and Kei were playing cards on the back of the ship.

" Again?! This is the third time!" Usopp in shock.

"Tch, You are really good in this game." said Zoro as he showed his cards onto the ground.

"Kei-chan~!!, that's so amazing~~!!"Sanji said with heart in his eyes.

"Alright!! This time, I will win for sure!!" Usopp sorted the cards and distributed them. When Kei looked at the cards, she instantly thought.

Shit, maybe this time I won't win.

But she maintained her poker face in an attempt to not show that she got bad cards. Suddenly, Chopper came running towards them with a panicked face.

"Emergency !! Luffy got eaten!! This is no time to be playing cards. Luffy got eaten!"

He ran in circles around the group frantically. Though the others did nothing and continued playing.

"Did he ask for help?" The swordsman asked while still checking his cards and not looking up at Chopper.

" No he didn't." Chopper said as he calmed down a bit and stopped running.

" Then he'll be fine." Zoro said nonchalantly.

"And even if he got eaten, the bird will spit him out because of the weird taste of rubber." Kei commented.

"But ........." The reindeer muttered unconvinced while looking up in worry. Suddenly, Kei got up from her place and started stepping back. At this, everyone looked up at her in confusion.

"What are you doing?" Zoro asked, raising an eyebrow in question. After her lower back hit the railing of the ship, she pointed her finger up in the air.

"Lookup."

Everyone looked up in reflex.

" GOMU GOMU NO........ PROPELLER!!"

They saw their captain coming towards them at full speed with a huge bird in hand. Their face went pale but it was too late to react.

And they crashed.

"Oi! Sanji! I brought some meat!........... What's with you guys? Are you sleeping?" He asked in confusion looking at the three lying on the ground flatly on face

" THAT'S BECAUSE OF YOU!!"

" And you! If you knew why didn't you warn us?!" Zoro asked while pointing towards Kei.

" I did warn you." She said in a casual manner like it wasn't a big deal.

"That was too late!"

"Well it's not my fault that your brain is so slow." she taunted while shrugging her shoulders.