{CHAPTER 3}

* THE SCENE BELOW TOOK PLACE BEFORE THE LOGUE TOWN ARC *
_______________________________________

-I JUST WANT SOME BREAD....-

Two weeks went by since the events took place. Since the food supplies given to Kei got over in 3 days, she has been working in different places trying to earn a living.

She would do small chores like helping someone load heavy boxes or helping in restaurants as a waitress and things like that.

But the amount of energy she had to put to work on different jobs these two weeks was more than the amount of energy she put on doing her assignment of her whole school life combined . Time had went by in the blink of an eye.

During this time, the biggest obstacle that Kei had to cross due to being transferred into anime is the lack of her

Smartphone.

It was a nightmare when she realized that the chores that she usually quickly completes while listening to music now took hours to complete.

It was a nightmare when she realized, that now if she wants to know the location of some place, instead of just simply googling it, she now had to talk to people to know it.

And the biggest nightmare, that she dreaded about the most, was the fact that Kei .......

Will now possibly never be able to know the endings of the animes and K-dramas that she didn't complete.

She didn't want to come in terms with it...... But she had to.

As for the people chasing her, she used to see them every day before but since she's been moving from place to place regularly, which made her rent a room every day at night to have a place to sleep, she's been seeing them less nowadays.

She has also been practicing in controlling her devil fruit abilities and one could say that she was a little bit confident in her fighting abilities.

During that time, she was able to figure out her powers, she can control things that are a part of trees which includes wood, branches, twigs, tree vines, roots, leaves etc. She still can't control them perfectly and makes a lot of mistakes but it was better then before. Like for example when she has to turn into leaves. There were times when she wanted to transform but couldn't, and then there were moments where she transformed when she didn't even want to.

Transforming didn't take stamina but it was difficult to become fluent in it.

As for her abilities to use the leaves as a ride to fly, it was pretty decent. She thought of using it to ride from one island to another, instead of wasting her money for a boat but it was not that easy as it uses stamina.

Kei tried it when she was coming here with the help of a compass, lucky for her, she saw a ship in the middle of the sea and rested there for a while without them realizing it. If it wasn't for the ship, she would've totally ended up falling and drowning in the middle of the sea.

But using leaves has it's own disadvantages as well because she can only use it when the weather is clear. If something like storm appeared, the leaves would be blown away. But she still uses it to travel small distances. It's been a week since she landed on this island called 'Okina' and everything has been quiet since then.

Right now, she is going back to the room which she has rented here as she has finished today's work. Currently, Kei is working in a bar, helping them with things like serving, cleaning tables, washing utensils.

"* Sigh* I'm exhausted,"

  Kei was hunching her back as it was aching badly. She could tell that there were bags under her eyes because of lack of sleep.