{CHAPTER 21}

-THE TRUTH OF THE TWO VILLAGES-

"This is her house?"

Nami muttered looking at the house that they were invited to. When Aiko invite them, the Strawhats were not expecting to be standing in front of a traditional Japanese mansion along with a wrap-around porch. It was a two-storey mansion with tiled roofs and wooden engawa veranda.

"I still don't understand this!" Ussop started.

"A few minutes ago they were trying to kick us out of this island! But now they are inviting us to their house with smiles?!!"

He said while pointing at the brown-haired woman who was standing in front of the sliding door of the mansion with a closed eye smile on her face.The hint of fear was clear in his voice.

"Please come inside." Aiko said with politeness.

"There's something really suspicious about this!"

Usopp still couldn't understand why they had agreed to this invitation, or more like why 'he', means Luffy had agreed to this invitation. Knowing how their captain had zero sense of danger, he had on spot agreed to the invitation with a grin, no questions asked. Which the others had no option but to follow.

"You know......" Kei started while still looking at the mansion in front of her. Her face held a thoughtful expression.

"This reminds me of a story I once heard a long time ago."

"What story?" Chopper asked curiously while looking up at her. Without looking away from the mansion, Kei said-

"It was a story where a traveller was invited by a young beautiful lady in her house to stay because of the storm outside. She offered him lots of delicious food while all along having a smile on her face. She treated him nicely all the time and the traveller went to sleep happily that night. But suddenly, he woke up in the middle of the night due to something."

"D-Due to what?"

Usopp asked with a nervous gulp while he and Chopper were listening to the story with immense interest and concentration now.

"A noise." Kei's eyes narrowed a bit and her voice was greatly focused as if serious.

"W-what noise......?" Chopper asked with hesitance and a shivering voice.

"A voice like someone was grinding a sharp tool against a stone. That's when the traveller saw that the light of the room beside him was still on. Curiously, he approached the room and slided the door open slightly to look what's inside. That's when he saw it. "

"S-saw what?!"

The duo asked with simultaneously. Kei who was still looking at the mansion while telling her story, slowly turned her head towards them with her eyes slightly wide and an ominous and dark aura surrounding around her.

"The back of a woman with old white hair who was grinding a long knife against the stone with her long, biny and spindly arms. The woman's hands suddenly stopped. As if sensing his presence, her head slowly turned around to reveal sunken, black eyes, that were staring at him with a dead gaze. Slowly, her thin lips parted, and a vile grin crept across her decayed face, revealing a set of rotten fangs and black gums. Picking the knife up, she said-

I'll eat you!!!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

Usopp and Chopper screamed with tears streaming down from their pale faces while they hugged each other as if their life was dependent on it.