{ Chapter 23}

-TOWARDS AOI VILLAGE-

At route #3, a figure in a cloak was heading towards the Aoi village along with a few guards, Chopper and Usopp.

"And then!! There in front of me was a GIANT octopus, that was trying to hit me with its poisonous tentacles!"

Usopp exaggerated with a serious face as he said Chopper one of his tales when he was the 'great captain Usopp.'

"Then?! Then what happened?!"

Chopper asked in curiosity. The sniper puffed his chest proudly while rubbing his finger under his nose with a smug look.

"Of course, it was nothing for a person as strong as me!! With my hammer of 10 tons! I defeated it within seconds!"

"AWESOME ~~!!"

Chopper was awed instantly believing him while the guards with them couldn't help but sweat drop. While they had been told by Kado that the person he was with was just a decoy, they had been also been explained that the person in the cloak with them was the real Aiko.

The guards believed that they were the ones who were given the responsibility of guiding Aiko safely to the other village, but couldn't understand why Chopper and Usopp were with them since they seemed to be joking around. (Plus Usopp still has the mushroom on the head since 24 were not over.)

The woman in the cloak had her head covered and just seemed to quietly walk without talking with anyone, which seemed odd to the guards but didn't question it.

Just then Usopp and Chopper's caught the sight of red smoke not too far away in the sky.

"That's Kei's signal!" Usopp pointed out.

"That means the enemy is gonna be here soon!!" Chopper said causing the guards to widen their eyes in shock.

"Wait! That means they already know about our plan!" One of the guards yelled.

Panic had started to rise among them while they tried to think of what to do.

"Aiko-sama! We should immediately leave from here!!" Another of the guards said while approaching the person in the cloak. Though, since the time taken to travel from route 2 till where they were was not more than 10 minutes, they soon found the enemy in front of them.

The guards immediately stood in front of the woman in a cloak with their weapons ready in hand in an attempt to protect their head.

"There are so many people!!"

Chopper shrieked while the enemy was getting ready to attack them with evil smirks on their faces. He immediately reached towards his bag and removed a rumble ball.

"RUMBLE BALL: HEAVY POINT!!"

The enemy and guards gasped in shock while Chopper transformed into a form that was bulkier and bigger than his normal one.

"That right Chopper!!! Show them what you've got!!"

Usopp, who was now standing way back behind everyone said while pointing towards the enemy. His legs trembled as he sweated heavily.

"Ehhh!!! You're not gonna fight?!!!"
Chopper looked back in shock.

"Don't worry!! This Great Captain Usopp-sama will guide you to victory!!"

"Don't joke with me!!!"

That's when Chopper remembered something. "Usopp, the signal!!"

The sniper realized what he was talking about and instantly removed a device that was similar to Kei's.
"Oh! That's right, I forgot about it!!"