{CHAPTER 24}

-KEI'S FAILED BUT SUCCESSFUL PLAN-

"You two! You're gonna regret this!"

Tsunesaburo yelled with gritted teeth while sitting on the ground. He had been tied to a tree by tree vines around him made by Kei. His missile gun was laying on the ground in two pieces along with his men.

"Y'all are just a bunch of guys who are all talk but no fight."

Zoro said with a click of the tongue and a scowl on his face. He and Kei were standing in front of him, Zoro with one hand on his hip and the other resting on his swords, while Kei had her eyes narrowed looking at the enemy in front of her.

"You......."

Kei started while crouching in front of him so that she could be at his eye level. This caused him to flinch and gulp as sweat ran down his face.

"Who do you work for?"

The question confused him but then he to suddenly puffed his chest in confidence and a smug look formed on his face.

"Who you ask? Of course, it's non-other than the head of the village himself! Even if the two villages unite, it's all a trap of our head to take over Midori village!!"

There was not even a change of emotion on Kei's face as he said that. She placed her elbow on her knee while placing her chin on the palm of her hand and looked at him with a flat face.

"Hmm, is that so? Then what's the name of your village's head?"

"......What.....?"

Tsunesaburo blinked a few times in confusion at the question while Kei just repeated her question.

"I asked what's the name of your village's head. "

"T-That's ..... None of your business!!!"

He fumbled with his words and gulped again. Kei dropped her hand where her chin was placed and hung her head as if looking at the ground, her bangs covering her eyes along with her expression.

Though a surprise look formed on Tsunesaburo's face when a chuckle suddenly left from Kei and she stood up.

"I see."

Though Zoro didn't really question her action, since he was smart enough to see the lie too and said-

"If that really is so, then why were you trying to stop us? And it's pretty weird you don't know the name of the person who hired you."

Tsunesaburo eyes widened as he was not able to say a thing at this and Zoro continued-

"It's clear you are working for someone else from your village or you are working on your own."

"I don't really think so, and that's not why I asked him the head's name."

Kei muttered, which Tsunesaburo was not able to hear but since Zoro was beside her he was able to. He looked at her in confusion not understanding why she asked him the name then.

"You bitch! Remove this thing around me!!"

Tsunesaburo spat while trying to wriggle his way out of the vines. Kei just simply lifted her hand and balled up her fist tightly, the vines around him tightened even more. Causing him to suffocate and his face to go red from the lack of air. Kei looked at him with dead eyes and asked with threat lacing her voice-