~31~[The Quest for Souvenirs]

Thank you to everyone who responded to my last post. I'm sorry for always sounding like I'm seeking attention or desperate for something. Without further ado, a protective y/n chapter!

🌸🌸🌸

"Boruto!" y/n called out the boy's name as she approached, riding on the back of Hachiya with Iwabe running beside them. "Hurry! We'll be late for roll call."

Boruto and Kagura were both sitting on the ground cheerily, scratches, and dust covering them. Mitsuki was beaten up too, standing behind the blonds.

Chojuro was watching them all from a short distance away with a knocked out Shizuma.

"What happened to you?" Boruto looked at his beat-up friend with worry as she shoved a watch in his face to show the time.

"I can't help it. I can't walk!" y/n exclaimed, explaining the reason she was on Hachiya's back.

"I-I'm honored to be carrying her!" Hachiya cried with a blush on his face.

"Shut. Up." The young girl slapped her carrier on the back of his head and he nodded with tears trailing down his cheeks.

"Boruto, we don't have time!" Iwabe exclaimed.

The boy flopped backward onto the ground with a sigh. "Aww... Just give me a minute to catch my breath!"

"Hey, we just said there's no time! Get up idiot!" y/n cried, starting to freak out about how terribly her sister was gonna beat her.

"You're hopeless. Get on!" Iwabe crouched down a little and Boruto laughed, crawling up the boys back so he could rest.

"We're going back." The blond stated, looking down at his new friend.

"Boruto... tell y/n-" Before Kagura could finish, Iwabe and Hachiya started running to get to the hotel.

"Let's hurry!" y/n cried, before turning back to look at Kagura. "Glad to see you're back on the right side Kagura, I'll see you around!" She waved with one arm while keeping the other latched to Hachiya.

"Why are you the one giving orders?!" Iwabe cried, referring to y/n's earlier statement.

"Never mind all that! if you have time to talk, run!" y/n exclaimed with narrowed eyes.

"Yes, Miss y/n!" Hachiya cried.

"Hey, I'm aching all over so let's go easy." Boruto stated, looking around at Iwabe.

"Just. Run."

"Yes, Miss y/n!"

"Slower."

"You should just shut up!"

The boat's horn blared as the kids aboard waved bye to the Mist Village with bright smiles.

"Thank you for everything!"

"Thanks!"

"Thank you!"

"Be well, everyone!"

The academy students from the Mist had a large sign between them that read 'please visit again!'

"W-Wait!" Cho-Cho cried, running with her luggage to the leaving boat. "Wait, I'm getting on!"

"You're late, Cho-Cho!" Shino stated, looking at the clipboard in his hand. Luckily, the man would never get on the boat with a missing student. "Why do you have so much stuff?"

"All of the souvenirs looked so delicious, and I couldn't make a decision." Cho-Cho explained, walking up to her teacher.

"That's weird..." Boruto mumbled, staring at the ground closely.