~27~[A Shinobi Bout of Friendship]

Holy shiitake mushrooms... 11k guys... we've done it... y'all are some good readers. Couldn't have asked for a better audience, I love you all! And thank you soooo much!💕

🌸🌸🌸

"What have they done?" Kagura questioned, he'd joined the group inside of their room.

The red message was still sprawled out on the window. Just as he spoke, the words slowly disappeared, like nothing was ever there in the first place.

"Who the hell are they, anyways?" Boruto asked, looking over at the classes tour guide.

"Tsurushi Hachiya... He's a Genin who was in my class at the academy." Kagura explained.

"He's a Genin?!" Inojin asked, his eyebrows furrowed a little as worry slowly overtook him. "A guy like that?!"

"He can't stand the fact that our village has turned into a tourist destination." Kagura looked over at the blue-eyed Yamanaka.

"We have to save Denki soon or else-!" Boruto's sentence was cut short.

"No, we have to inform Lord Chojuro first." Kagura's voice was plain, like the situation wasn't terribly dangerous for everybody involved.

"We can't do that. If this thing blows up, our field trip will be canceled!" Boruto stated, quickly shooting down the idea of talking with the higher-ups.

"Hey, you're strong, right? I think we can do this without relying on adults." Mitsuki butted in, finally letting himself be involved in the conversation.

y/n tightened her fists, looking up from the dark carpeting. "We're going to have to do it without them anyways. We don't have the time. We'll make sure this doesn't turn into a big deal."

"Lend us a hand, will ya, Kagura?" Boruto clapped his hands together with a small wink.

The boy looked down a little, letting his hand reach out to the handle of his sheathed sword. "I got it."

y/n let the boy's relish in the fact that someone strong was gonna be with them for only a moment. "A lot of time has already passed... We've gotta hurry."

The group of kids walked up to a pier right above the water. Instead of the shimmering blue liquid from the day, it was dark and glistening under the watchfulness of the moon. A small chill was settled over the land, just enough to feel comfortable.

This was where the group was told to go. Pier four.

"It should be around here..." Boruto mumbled, as they all looked around for any sight of someone or something suspicious.

It was right after he was done talking that Denki was walked over, his hands tied behind his back with ropes.

The one holding that very rope was a man in a blue shirt. His features weren't visible from under the large black mask he was wearing that covered his head.

Behind him were the same thugs from earlier that had messed with Kagura and y/n.

"Denki!" Boruto leaned in a little, watching the large group with tilted brows. "Are you okay?!"

"They didn't hurt you, did they?!" y/n asked quickly. Just the pure look of hatred on her face for the thugs was enough to make them shiver slightly.

"Boruto! y/n!" Denki cried out with wide eyes, the sight of them making him swirl with different emotions. But it was fear and relief that showed on his features.