~22~[Connected Feelings]

🌸🌸🌸

"It's no use..." Naruto stated, deactivating his Sage Mode eyes. "They either went really far away, or escaped into a barrier. I can't sense Sakura's Chakra at all..."

Cho-Cho walked up to the trio, finally joining back up with them. "Sarada... y/n..."

Sarada shut her eyes tightly. "Mom!" The words were more of a whisper to herself.

y/n was staring at the ground, her fists clenched tightly. "Dammit."

Naruto was standing next to a pillar back inside of the dark tower. Sarada, y/n, and Cho-Cho sitting on the ground next to him.

"Orochimaru?" Sarada questioned, not looking at the blonde.

y/n didn't say anything. She was just leaning against the pillar, her eyes trained ahead of her.

"Yes, Kakashi Sensei said the same thing. He felt the enemy this time could be connected to Orochimaru." Naruto confirmed, looking down at the girls.

"Who's that?" Cho-Cho asked, chewing on a potato chip from the bag she had in her hand.

"I've heard of him before." y/n finally spoke up, catching everyone's attention. "He's a notorious criminal who tried to destroy the Hidden Leaf Village a long time ago."

"He's a tremendously dangerous individual." Naruto mumbled.

The clacking of shoes on the ground was heard and y/n looked up, already aware of who was walking over to them.

"That guy who called himself Shin Uchiha..." Sarada and Cho-Cho looked over with y/n when they heard Sasuke's voice.

"Huh?" Cho-Cho questioned.

"His left arm was implanted with multiple Sharingan. The only one capable of doing something like that is Orochimaru." Sasuke confirmed, looking at the girls as he explained.

"So then, Sarada and y/n's mom was taken to this Orochimaru guy's place?" Cho-Cho asked, assuming that's what the men were getting at.

"No... that's not possible." Naruto's voice re-entering the conversation made the girls look back over at him. "We have Leaf Shinobi keeping strict surveillance on him. I don't believe he would be directly involved in this, ya know?"

"However, in order to track Shin's whereabouts, we need to find out all we can from Orochimaru. Let's head to his research lab." Sasuke started walking away from the group.

Sarada shot up from her sitting position. "Papa!"

"S-Sarada?" Cho-Cho looked over at the girl with wide eyes.

y/n didn't say anything. She was back to being silent. The girl didn't even offer her twin a glance.

Sasuke turned to look at his youngest daughter. "What is it?"

"How can you be so calm? Actually, now that I think about it, you too y/n. Aren't you guys worried about mom?" Sarada asked the question like it wasn't a rude thing to say.

"Hey, Sarada, they're-" Naruto started, walking closer to the girl, a small smile on his face.

"Personal feelings only get in the way of a mission. If you intend on becoming a shinobi, remember that." At Sasuke's words, a loud smash could be heard.

Everyone looked over to see y/n was standing up, her fist was punched into the pillar beside her. A decently sized dent was created from the impact.

The girl's head was bowed with shadows dancing over her features. "Shut up." The tone of y/n's voice was cold and heartless, something that could put goosebumps on anyone's skin.