~13~[The shadow of The Mastermind!]

🌸🌸🌸

"Class Rep, you okay?!" Boruto questioned loudly, barreling into the hospital room the girl was placed in.

Her and her team had been injured in the incident.

Metal went flying to the ground since he was leaning on the door before the blond barged in.

"I brought fruit!" y/n cried, holding up a basket with a large array of fresh produce.

"Boruto. y/n." Sumire was surrounded by a few other kids from their class, along with Shino.

"Are you okay?" Boruto repeated, walking up to the girl's bed with y/n in tow.

"I'm fine!" Sumire assured with a soft smile.

"Are you sure?" y/n questioned in an unconvinced tone, setting the basket of fruit down on a table.

"I'm not okay..." Metal mumbled, his shaky body sprawled out on the floor. After speaking, his face went blue, and his body went limp.

"I totally..." Boruto started, his face showing how sorry he was.

"Don't worry about me. It's really just a graze." The Class Rep stated, trying to ease the boy's worry.

"I'm sorry, Class Rep!" Boruto bowed quickly. "If I'd been more on the ball-!

"You're not responsible for this, Boruto." Sumire smiled, still trying to get the boy to stop blaming himself.

"No, you're wrong!" Boruto yelled out.

"Come on... You're scaring the Class Rep." Wasabi stated, her hands resting on her hips. Both her and Namida were in hospital gowns with bandages scattered across their bodies.

"No, I just..." Boruto started, putting his hands out in defense.

"Come on, no loud visitors allowed!" Sarada stated, taking the blond by the back of his coat to drag him out of the room.

Boruto just let her, his eyes still showing the regret and sadness he held.

y/n walked over in front of the girl like her friend had done and bowed. "I'm... sorry that I couldn't be there to protect you." The Uchiha's hands were clenching the sides of her clothes tightly.

Sumire looked at the girl with the same soft smile from before. "This isn't your fault either, y/n."

"It's my fault you're hurt! I'm just not good enough!" y/n shot her head up, looking at the girl. But she froze when she realized she'd raised her voice.

Everyone's eyes widened a little, not used to y/n having sudden outbursts like that.

Before anyone could say anything, y/n turned and started to walk out of the room. "I should... go make sure Boruto's alright. Get better soon, Class Rep." She slid the door shut, not looking back at the guests.

Boruto was sitting on a bench in the hall with Shikadai and Mitsuki standing in front of him.

"Don't blame yourself like that. It's not all your fault." Shikadai was trying to console Boruto, his hands stuffed into his pockets like usual.

"It's not that. If I hadn't delivered the mail so carelessly... we could have had all of today to patrol. Then maybe we would've noticed something happening at the water purification plant, right?" Boruto questioned, staring down at the ground.

Shikadai and Mitsuki shared a look. "That may be right, but..." Shikadai was cut off at a sudden voice.

"Boruto." The blond turned to see his father approaching with y/n. The Hokage held a stern look on his face as his son stood up.