~9~[Love and Potato Chips]

🌸🌸🌸

"There, I'm done!" Boruto yelled, showing Shikadai and y/n the drawing he'd made on a napkin. The three were currently out eating at Lightning Burger together.

"The shadow I saw kinda looked like this!" The boy smiled as his friends stared at the blobby figures with weird lines surrounding them. Shikadai's eyes were white as y/n's eyebrow twitched. "Shino Sensei said he felt like he was being controlled during that time, right?"

"Yeah." Shikadai agreed as y/n took a sip from her drink.

"So, does that mean... there's someone behind it pulling the strings?" Boruto asked, pointing back at the napkin.

"But then it would be unusual for the person being controlled to have a memory of that. Besides, if your going to manipulate someone you would have a purpose, right?" Shikadai questioned.

"A purpose?" Boruto asked, looking back at the drawing himself.

"I wouldn't knock manipulation out of the park yet. All we have now is people going on rampages." y/n piped in, setting her drink back down.

"That's why I'm worried it's some kind of illness. But if that's the case... The fact that you're the only one who can see it doesn't make sense." Shikadai mumbled and the three closed their eyes, falling into silence as they tried to think.

"I've been so anxious, I haven't been able to eat properly." Cho-Cho stated, shoving potato chips into her mouth one after the other. "Oh, man! Stalkers are sticky like natto and I really hate it! They just won't leave me alone! I'll get him for sure this time!" The girl cried out, pumping a fist into the air as she stood up.

Everyone in the class was looking over to see Cho-Cho's big scene.

"Is it another incident?" Mitsuki questioned. Him, Boruto, y/n, and Shikadai all grouped up on the grass outside of the school.

"Nah. Not everything is related to each other, right?" Shikadai asked.

y/n shrugged. "All I know is Sarada came home last night and slept on the floor of my room claiming, 'If I'm going down, you're going down with me.' She's obviously paranoid, it's got me a little worried."

Boruto looked at the ground, not giving Shikadai and answer to his question.

y/n and the others were talking on one of the bridges over the town when they heard a man scream.

"What was that?" Shikadai questioned as they looked around.

"It's nearby!" y/n stated as they all jumped down, running into one of the alleys.

The group stopped when they saw a boy being pinned against a vending machine by Cho-Cho and her expansion Jutsu. Sarada and Sumire behind her.

"What's she-? What's she doing to that timid-looking guy?!" Boruto questioned quickly and y/n let out a sigh. "Hey! Don't be so violent!"

"Huh?" Cho-Cho asked, looking over at the four that'd just appeared with a tick-mark.

They had successfully gotten Cho-Cho to let the man go and were now looking at him as he sat on his knees.

"Huh? So this is the guy you've been talking about?" y/n questioned, seeing the boys pale body covered by baggy clothes as he looked anywhere but at the kids.

"That's right." Sarada stated.

"Hm? Come to think of it, you're..." Cho-Cho began to speak up.

"You know him?" Boruto asked, looking over at the girl.