~32~[The Night of The Shooting Stars]

🌸🌸🌸

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting! Let's go to Thunder Burger...!" Boruto slid open the door to the orange-tinted classroom. The sun was setting over the Academy, leaving behind a warm look to everything inside.

Boruto slowed down his talking when he saw that the class was empty except for Sarada fixing her papers to leave and y/n pestering her, the girl's bag is already thrown over her shoulder.

"Quiet, don't be so loud." Sarada scolded, turning to look at the blond.

"Oh, you're the only one's here?" y/n walked up to Boruto as he spoke, her facial expression showing how bored she was. "Where's everyone else?"

"I don't know. Maybe they all went home." Sarada informed, still gathering stuff so she could go home with y/n. "It's almost time for the graduation exams so..."

"Huh?! I hate this, when did everyone become so cold?" Boruto sat at a seat and reclined his head back, his hands resting behind him as support. "All of a sudden, everyone's so serious about training. No one wants to hang out lately too. What's the big deal about graduating anyways, right, y/n?"

y/n patted the boy's shoulder before following Sarada out of the classroom. "Are you listening?" The oldest Uchiha stopped at Boruto's question and sighed a little. She pushed Sarada forward, informing her that she'd be home for dinner soon.

Once the girl was gone y/n looked over at Boruto with sad eyes. "It must be nice not having any worries..."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not saying this to pick on you, obviously, but... But everyone has things to deal with, so it might be best not to bother them. Have a nice night, Boruto." y/n offered a small smile before continuing to leave to catch up with her sister, who would have no doubt attempted to get as far away as possible.

"But friendship is forever, right?"

y/n froze at the open door, not looking back at the boy this time. "I don't know how to feel about that."

y/n stumbled into the Thunder Burger with a tired look. She walked over to a table with her friends. "Hey." The girl slid into the booth behind them, peeking over the top.

Borutos eyes sparkled when he saw his best friend. "y/n, do you want to go and throw rocks into the lake-!"

"Hey, Shika, do you guys think you could help me out with my Fireball Jutsu? I need to get it just right and I don't have any moving targets besides Sarada and she's being mean." y/n had offered Boruto a sympathetic look, but she was here for one reason only. Ino-Shika-Cho.

"Sure, only if you can help us with our coordination a bit. You were on a team in the ANBU, right? So you could help?" Shikadai asked and y/n nodded, confirming that she'd been on a team before.

That's when golden eyes were suddenly right in front of y/n's face. "I could help you, y/n." The girl, along with everyone else at the table gasped back with wide eyes. Mitsuki had suddenly appeared between Shikadai and Boruto at the crowded table.

"When did you-?!" Boruto started to question but stopped himself.

"Well, because I found you here, Boruto. So? What happened?" Mitsuki smiled, looking around at all the kids surrounding him even though he was only talking to Boruto. "It's not like you to be in such a daze."

"I-It's nothing!" Boruto scratched the back of his neck with closed eyes. Mitsuki suddenly looked up with widened eyes. "What?"

"Oh... everyone likes that, right?" Mitsuki pointed to the television up in the corner and they all turned to see the movie that was on.