~36~[A Threatened Future]

🌸🌸🌸

y/n walked down the street after officially breaking away from the rest of the group to get some time for herself. She took a small turn towards her favorite training ground, getting ready to train more even though she'd just gotten done fighting the Sixth Hokage and her teachers.

The closer she got to the ground, however, the blurrier her vision got. "damn it," The girl grumbled, trying to get closer to the grounds so she didn't fall around so many strangers.

"Is she drunk?"

"That's what's supposed to be protecting us?"

y/n ignored the slander, stepping foot into the grassy area. Her safe space. No one could bother her here. "Ah, so you did come here."

Never mind.

"What do you... want?" The girl mumbled, not in the mood to put up with people anymore. She just needed an escape.

"Like father like daughter," Kakashi approached the girl with those words, sitting on a branch above her head. "Are you gonna try and run from me?"

"What? No, I just want you to go away," y/n wobbled over to a tree trunk, throwing a kunai at it that missed by a long shot. "Shit."

"You don't seem to be doing too good," Kakashi jumped down, walking closer to the girl. "Any reason as to why?"

y/n didn't say anything. She couldn't tell him about the memories. The death in their eyes. How she murdered over hundreds just for two boys. How before that, she murdered for a young girl.

"Hey, you Old Geezer... don't... worry about... it-" The Uchiha's eyes finally shut as she wobbled down, nearly landing on the ground. Luckily Kakashi was there to catch her limp body.

"She shouldn't be a ninja, it's too risky."

"Sasuke and I were given a chance. Her sister and the other kids were given chances. She'll get one too, Kakashi Sensei."

y/n sat up groggily, looking outside to see that the moon was out. "Huh?" Kakashi and Naruto looked over to the girl and the blond smiled, offering her a sense of relief.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Not a ninja? I can't be a ninja?" y/n looked at the man with wide eyes, her childish nature taking over. "Why? What's risky?"

"y/n don't worry about it, nothing's final yet," Kakashi stepped up this time, a serious look on his face.

"No! You two don't get to just up and tell me I can't be a ninja after being the sole reason I am the way that I am now!" y/n stood up, glaring at the two men with a dangerous look in her eyes. "How could you take this from me?!"

"We're not taking it from you y/n. This is just an idea, we never said we were going to go through with it," Naruto assured the girl but she was already struggling to breathe, her hand holding onto her chest.

"All of that sacrifice... M-Mentality..." The girl gasped the words out trying to take in breaths that felt labored and sharp to her lungs.

"y/n?" Kakashi spoke up first, seeing the girl's actions.

"She's having a panic attack," Naruto spoke quickly as he took the girl, helping her sit on the hospital bed. "y/n, calm down. It's okay, nothing happening right now. You're still gonna get your team and everything, okay?"

The girl continued to try and breathe, still struggling to do so. "So much... l-loss."

Naruto sighed as he kept the girl wrapped in one of his arms, keeping her close as he saw her finally calming down. "Better?"

y/n nodded as she normalized her breathing, looking down at her hands. "Don't take this away from me. Please... I need to be there to protect them."

Just as she spoke the girl fell back asleep while leaning on Naruto, a small tear streaking down her cheek.

"Why does she feel such a need to protect everyone?" Kakashi questioned, him and Naruto walking out of the hospital room after getting y/n back on the bed properly.

"Well... a few months before the Academy, she went through a rough mission. And before that, there was one similar to it. Both of these times she watched people she'd gotten attached to get murdered."

"Either way, letting her be exposed to that life is too risky."

"We'll keep her with Konohamaru. I trust him to watch her and monitor how she acts. I won't let this turn into another incident, but I can't just take all of this away. She's worked too hard. Besides, taking it would just solidify the curse of hatred coming into effect."

🌸🌸🌸

Vote?

Comment?

Follow?

🥺👉👈...Just a little break in between chapters. Nothing too bad.