~3~[y/n Uchiha]

🌸🌸🌸

y/n and Boruto fell from a tall brick building, Shikadai following close behind. The trio of kids jumped from place to place in a rush.

"Wait up you two! Is it that bad?" Shikadai yelled his question through the air as they continued to run over rooftops.

"Yeah, It's bad. Really bad!" Boruto replied quickly.

y/n didn't comment, instead, she stared ahead at the incoming burger shop with determined eyes.

(Btw if your character isn't in a scene, the scene isn't written.)

The three were sat on top of a moving train, wind whistling through their hair as the thin strands tried to drift away with the cool breeze.

"We made it just in time." y/n stated happily with a relaxed grin.

"The limited-edition Green Chilli Burger! Who woulda thought today was the last day?" Boruto chimed with a smile, holding up the freshly cooked burger, still half-wrapped with paper.

"Um, we knew it was the last day... Dobe." y/n whispered, peeking over at the blond with a roll of her charcoal black eyes.

"Why do I have to be the one to keep you two company?" Shikadai complained to himself, a sigh dancing in his not-so-hidden annoyance.

"You're not gonna eat it?" y/n asked with an arched brow, looking from the burger back to the Nara.

"'Course I am!"

The group held the food up to their hungry mouths, and and they each took a bite of their burgers together.

Silence settled over them as they chewed slowly, trying to determine if the unfamiliar taste was good or bad.

"Spicy!" The kids flung their heads forward as the heat set in.

Shikadai frantically grabbed his cup, taking an extra long sip just to be safe. "I don't believe this. You two are impossible." The plain plastic straw of the beverage was still sitting in his mouth as he muttered complaints.

y/n just shrugged while sipping her own drink. She was more than used to listening to Shikadai's endless complaining at this point.

"But man, this train is so convenient." Boruto changed topics, looking out at the large modernized village that the newly installed train moved around. "I don't have to walk now that we've got this."

"The Hidden Leaf Village is getting more and more modern. But, we still have to attend that old-fashioned Ninja Academy starting tomorrow." Shikadai reminded the two sitting next to him.

"Oh, is it from tomorrow?!" Boruto questioned the boy in shock.

y/n threw her hand out, smacking her friend on the back of his head. The motive for her 'cruel' attack being his constant forgetfulness.

"There's a lot of stuff to get ready. Don't you know that? Didn't your dad tell you?" Shikadai asked, somewhat shocked that Boruto had been mostly left out on important details.

y/n stayed silent, basking in the beautiful weather and view she was provided when sitting on the trains rooftop.

"Sort of..." Boruto mumbled in response, taking another sip of his beverage.

"Boruto, don't go doing stuff to embarrass your dad, okay? 'Cuz it's probably gonna reflect on me too." Shikadai warned with dull and tired eyes, already feeling how troublesome the year to come was gonna be.

"What?" Boruto questioned, tilting his head to the side.

Shikadai reached across y/n with his burger, waving it in front of Boruto's whiskered face. "Your mom always tells me to watch out for you." He quickly jabbed the spicy food into the boy's mouth.