~1~[𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝐻𝑜𝑚𝑒]

🌸🌸🌸

I panted as I felt my clothed legs go numb. My heart was beating loudly in my ears as a layer of sweat coated me. But, despite the sticky hot sweat, a freezing rain poured down on the surrounding greenery, soaking my outfit.
With hair stuck to my face and eyes blurred from the large droplets, I made out a figure ahead of me.
'Bingo.' I quickly pulled myself together and jumped up into the trees, looking down over the speeding man.
My target, Miku Moregi.
He was a rouge nin that had been on a rampage lately in the small surrounding villages. A rampage of 6 dead bodies and one severely injured, to be exact.
I got the request a week ago today from Lord Seventh to track the killer down and eliminate him before any more harm came to other surrounding villages.
He told me that they'd arrested him once before, but he was a slippery snake. Thus, earning him a prime spot in the Bingo Book.
Because he was so difficult, I'd set out right after hearing the target's name. This way, he wouldn't get too far ahead of me.
Once I caught up to Miku, I jumped down, my small figure landing in front of the muscled man.
He snickered. "This is the best that damned Leaf Village could do? Some stuck-up, no-good, child? You must have a death wish, kid."
After letting him throw the insults that almost all my targets did, I ran towards Miku. Slipping a kunai out of the pouch strapped to my thigh, I stabbed him in the vital point on his shoulder without hesitation.
I was also making sure I remained silent the entire time, as to not attract attention from anything that could give my position away.
I bent down to his body and checked his neck for a pulse. When I felt nothing, I grabbed onto his wrists and dragged him towards the bushes behind me.
After a few steps, I groaned and dropped him, letting out a huff. He was heavy. I bent down slowly and rolled his dead body the rest of the way into the shrubs.
Hopefully, this would buy me some time. His goons were burdens that I didn't need on my trail. I'd already dealt with some of them, and it was annoying. Like moths attracted to light. Plus, who enjoys extra work?
I sighed, wiping a small bit of blood on my arm away. Cringing with disgust that I had allowed myself to get dirty. Bloodstains were hard to get out of clothes, you know.
After taking only a moment to catch my breath, I jumped back into the trees and stayed on high alert as I headed back to the village.
Oh yeah, introductions, I almost forgot. I'm y/n Uchiha, the oldest child of Sasuke and Sakura Uchiha.
My twin sister, Sarada, is younger than me by 4 minutes and 11 seconds. She reminds me of that all the time because I enjoy being older. And by that, I mean I enjoy rubbing it in her face every chance I get.
Now, you're probably wondering what the hell a twelve-year-old is doing killing on the Hokage's orders.
There's a simple answer, I'm strong. Okay, well not really that strong... Kinda.
But I have strong DNA. And no, it's not like a mutation in my blood that strengthens me or anything.
Don't be that optimistic.
Mom told me I just received a lot of the mental traits an Uchiha possesses. Basically, it means I'm stuck with my dad's brain.
But I don't see myself as a prodigy like the others do. I see myself as a monster.
Killing people.
That's all I need to say about it, right? Either way, I'm not saying anything else.
Lord Seventh had appointed me to be an ANBU for the Leaf about a year ago when that old geezer Kakashi couldn't shut his damn mouth.
He'd said, and I quote. 'She reminds me of myself when I was her age.'
Lord Seventh had considered those words and eventually asked me to work for him personally. And by personally, I mean one of the very few ANBU that still actually did assassination jobs.
Part of me thinks he did it because our families are close. I didn't deny the offer though.
I wanted to protect the people I loved, and if that involved getting rid of someone that could hurt them, so be it. It still didn't make me feel any better about myself.
Whatever. All I'm trying to say is that this whole situation is a long story.

I sighed in relief as the rain finally let up, a little feeling coming back into my frozen fingers and toes.
There were only another few minutes till I neared the village anyway, so it didn't matter at this point.
Sure, I'd been tracking the guy for a week, but he was just making a full circle. Trying to trick me, I bet. Anyway, he was only 30 minutes from the village when I found him.
That's when I saw them. The large and welcoming green gates. A smile fell onto my face and I pushed my sore legs forward, taking in a nice breath of the city air I grew up in.
I ran towards the center of the village, heading straight for the Hokage's office. I wanted to fill out my report quickly and get home to some freshly cooked meals, and two loving family members.

When I skipped into the large red modernized building, my eyes immediately caught Shikamaru carrying some scrolls. I waltzed up to him and smiled, shoving my hands into my pockets. "Is the Seventh free?"
"Finally back? Took you long enough." The man complained, ignoring my question. He knew who I was immediately, despite the fox themed animal mask I wore to cover my features.
I let out an annoyed sigh, looking up at him with a bored expression I knew he couldn't see. "Is Lord Seventh free?"
This time it was his turn to let out an annoyed sigh. "Yeah, go on up."
I nodded and turned, walking over to one of the two staircases. It was obvious he wanted me to give him a reason not to continue his work, but I was too tired to talk.
As I walked away, I could hear him mumble 'What a drag' under his breath, and I smirked.

When I reached the thick wooden doors of the Hokage's office, I knocked three times. After a moment of silence, I knocked once more, slightly louder this time.
Nothing.
"I'm coming in." After I announced my arrival, I quickly opened the door, my senses on high alert in case there was danger.
Not so surprisingly, the sight I was presented with was a blond middle-aged man in the middle of deep sleep.
A line of drool was slipping from the corner of his mouth, paperwork surrounding him in wobbly stacked towers.
I shook my head and walked farther into the room. "Lord Hokage." My words got no reaction, besides him slightly choking on his spit.
"Lord Seventh!" I repeated loudly, and he shot up like a robot brought to life.
"Y-Yeah?!" The man replied, his body set on auto-pilot. He was looking around frantically before his eyes landed on me.
"Oh, y/n, Welcome back. I assume your mission was a success?" He was calm now, like he hadn't just made a fool of himself.
"All went as planned. No one knew of my movements during or after mission completion." I replied with a bland tone. I didn't normally sound like that, I just hated talking about my jobs.
"Good. Now onto a slightly more important matter. As you know, it won't be long till you and the others attend the Academy." Naruto started. His face was serious, not the happy and relaxed expression it usually was.
"I almost forgot about that, only two days till we go." I spoke more to myself than to Lord Seventh. "Good thing I got back when I did."
"Walk with me, y/n." Naruto stood up from his seat and I tilted my head with furrowed brows. "We're going to the Hokage Monument." He seemed to have sensed my confusion.
I nodded after he explained the destination, and followed him as we walked out of the building and into the bustling city streets.

The two of us were standing atop the giant face carved mountain, overlooking the large village we both knew and loved.
"Though we may have peace between the larger nations, there are still smaller battles to fight. I wanted to thank you for fighting some of them."
Naruto worried me with how serious he was being. It wasn't like him at all.
"I'll get right to the point. y/n, you're 12. And though I know it isn't unheard of for people as young as you to be in the ANBU, I would feel guilty if your duties held you back as a student."
Naruto turned to look down at me, a small smile gracing his lips. "y/n Uchiha, I am relieving you from your duty as an ANBU member."
My jaw dropped at his statement, and I felt my legs go slightly numb. It wasn't from the cold this time. "L-Lord Seventh..."
"You've done nothing wrong. In fact, you were an amazing ANBU. You should expect an invitation to re-join. But I want to give you the chance to be a child. I've seen what the world of ANBU does to young kids, and I would never wish that for you."
I nodded slowly and got down onto one of my knees, slipping my mask off as I stared at the ground. Naruto held his hand out and I gently placed the animal carving on it.
"Thank you, Lord Hokage." I remained in my position until Naruto disappeared, most likely teleporting back to the office. Only then did I let myself stand up.
This was a good thing, right? I'm technically free.
Wait... I'm free! No more grueling missions, pulled muscles, broken bones, and food pills! But best of all, no more killing!

3rd person p.o.v.
y/n walked down the sidewalk with a smile, her hands stuffed into her pockets once more, as she neared her destination.
The girl looked around at the kids playing ball in the street, and the elders throwing bird feed onto the ground.
Peaceful.
That's what y/n enjoyed most about returning home. The calm noises that made the Leaf so special.
Sudden whooshes caused by ninjas jumping from place to place. Tree leaves swaying in the wind. Bustling villagers in a hurry to buy new items from the shops.
After turning a few more corners, she was home. The place hadn't changed, though she didn't expect it to.
There was a time, though, that Sakura got so angry with y/n she smashed the dining room table into nothing but wood chips. That was a year ago when they'd been fighting about her becoming an ANBU.
The Uchiha heir ran up to the door and opened it quietly on instinct. "I'm home!" She sat down onto the floor, sliding the ninja sandals off her sore and blistering feet.
She listened closely, hearing the distant voices of the two girls she lived with talking in the kitchen. Probably cooking dinner, since it was later in the evening.

"I said, I'm home!" y/n repeated, resting on the doorframe that leads into the clean kitchen. She smiled when the family turned to look at her.
"Welcome home!" Sarada cheered, walking over to hug her twin. Sarada had always given her a welcome home hug. Even when y/n was only gone for a day.
"Don't touch me too long, I'm dirty." The elder sister informed, awkwardly returning the embrace. She'd never been great with all the affection stuff.
Sarada slowly let go and walked over to the sink, washing her hands before she went back to cutting up tomatoes.
"Ooh, tomatoes, and soup. My favorite!" y/n cheered, and Sakura smiled, sending Sarada an 'I told you so' look.
"Anything with tomatoes is your favorite." Sarada complained out loud, earning a giggle from the other two.
"Welcome home. Go get washed up so you can come and help with dinner." Sakura waved y/n off with a warm smile. The girl nodded, happy to finally be able to clean herself properly.
She headed up to her room and grabbed a change of clothes, before leaving for the bathroom so she could take a shower.
Once y/n shut the door, she peeked in the mirror to see what she looked like for the first time in a week.
It was horrendous.
There were bags under her dark black obsidian eyes, and her pitch-black hair was a tangled mess.
Multiple scratches and bruises from the trip covered her arms and cheeks, along with a bandaged hand she got from an injury caused by one of the target's goons.
The kid sighed, glad that all those missions were over.
She gently took off her layers of clothes to reveal all the other bruises and scratches she'd earned, wincing slightly when she touched them too hard.
At one point, y/n had fallen out of a tree while eating one of the food pills she was so happy to leave behind for the time being.
All because some random villager had spotted her and yelled at her to get out of the tree.
There were even older scars hidden around her body. Like on her hip and the side of her arm.
As she was observing her body's injuries, she saw the red tattoo on her right arm. She reached up and traced around it lightly with her finger, remembering the day she'd received her box of gear from the moody ANBU behind the counter.
She had done around 100 missions in the past year. Some of them only lasting a day, while others lasted a week or more.
Five of them had lasted a month, but she would rather forget those.
Among them, there were a lot of 'A' ranks and a few 'S' ranks.
After she finished examining her body, y/n got into the shower, letting the warm water wash away all the dried blood.
She let out a content sigh when she felt her sore muscles un-tense and loosen.

The Uchiha walked down the steps, her hair still damp as she stepped into the kitchen, heading over to help her family with dinner for the night.
"How did it go?" Sarada asked curiously, referring to the mission.
She'd never really been jealous of y/n is 'stronger'. Though y/n believed that unlike her, Sarada took more time to progress.
Either way, it always interested Sarada in how her sister's missions went.
"Good. No complaints here." y/n responded. She wasn't allowed to speak about them. All ANBU we're sworn to secrecy about what they did.
"Enough about that, why don't we talk about the Academy." Sakura chimed in, changing the topic flawlessly.
"That reminds me! I've been released as an ANBU." y/n stated, suddenly remembering she hadn't told them yet.
The two girls seemed to stop everything and quickly turned, hugging the girl tightly as she groaned.
"Too close." y/n breathed out, and they laughed before letting go.
"Sorry, I'm just so happy. Seeing their child leave every other day for a deadly mission isn't how a mom should live." Sakura stated, happiness decorating her face.
y/n shrugged, like what she'd done was nothing. "It's not like we won't be doing it more once we're on teams." She reminded.
Like the Hokage has said, enormous battles weren't around anymore. So, being one of the rare people that got to stop the few idiots that still went against the rules, brought the Uchiha a feeling of satisfaction.

🌸🌸🌸

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Shoutout to Lunar883  for help!❤️