~18~[A Day in The Life of The Uzumaki Family]

🌸🌸🌸

"Are you okay, Himawari?" Boruto asked, fixing the cool cloth he had placed on her forehead. The small girl was laying under her beds covers coughing lightly, cheeks red from the high fever she had. "You probably stayed in the pool too long last week."

y/n peeked into the room quietly, catching Boruto's attention. He turned to look at the girl with a small smile, motioning for her to come in.

"Hima..." y/n whispered sweetly, walking over to the sick girl.

"Ninnie." Himawari smiled a little at the familiar voice, her eyes shut.

"It's me, Hima." y/n smiled, though she knew the girl couldn't see it. When she reached the child, she rested the back of her hand onto her cheek, frowning slightly at how hot it was.

"Why are you here?" The question wasn't mean, it was just the young Uzumaki's curiosity.

"I'm here to make you feel better, of course. Why else?" y/n laughed a little, taking her hand away. Boruto was staying back and watching the interactions with a small smile, a hand resting on his hip.

"Ninnie... I wanna eat hamburger steak..." Himawari mumbled, her eyes still tightly shut

"Sure, when you're better, your mom will make some for you. So rest up and get better." y/n stated, putting her hand on the white cloth to make sure it was still cold before pulling the pink sheets up to the bottom of her nose.

"Mmhm..." Himawari was smiling, you could tell by the wrinkles at the ends of her eyes.

y/n turned to Boruto, giving him a small thumbs-up as the door slid open once more. "I'm going to pick up her medicine. Can you keep an eye on Himawari?" Hinata asked her son.

"Got it." Boruto confirmed.

"I'll help out." y/n assured, giving the woman a soft smile.

"Thank you, y/n." With that, Hinata shut the door, heading out to grab what she said she was gonna.

Boruto turned and saw the photo of him, Himawari, Naruto, and Hinata on the man's inauguration. He picked it up, looking at the image. "That reminds me..."

"We had a rough time with Himawari back then too..." y/n stated, resting her head on the boy's shoulder as she looked over it at the picture.

A young Himawari was sleeping peacefully in her bed, a pink stuffed panda held close to her. While Boruto was laying on his own bed in another room, staring up at the ceiling.

y/n walked into the kitchen of the Uzumaki house to get some water, and her eyes widened a little when she saw Hinata sitting at the table. "Is something wrong, Aunt Hinata?"

y/n was staying over at the house for the night since she and Boruto had played outside too late. Hinata said it was alright since they would all be meeting up tomorrow anyway.

The woman looked over, her worried expression getting replaced with a smile. "It's nothing, just thinking about the inauguration tomorrow."

"Is Uncle Naruto late?" y/n asked, seeing the frog clock sitting on the counter.

"You should get back to bed, people your age need lots of rest to grow big and strong." Hinata held her smile, getting up to help y/n back to the couch.

"But I'm older now!" y/n cheered quietly, punching a fist into the air. Hinata laughed while continuing to usher the girl over to the living room.

The truth was, y/n couldn't sleep that night because of a nightmare she had. But she would never admit that to the woman since she was embarrassed about having those things as a ten-year-old.