~28~[Declaration of War]

🌸🌸🌸

"Pretty sweet sword you got there." Kagura peered over to look at the approaching y/n and Boruto, his cheeks were slightly pink from the girl's familiar voice. The boy had been swinging the Hiramekarei around on the training arenas water.

"Why'd you call us out so late?" Boruto questioned, resting his hand on his hip. y/n stepped onto the water, taking the blonde's wrist as she gently dragged him over with her.

"Sorry. I wanted to show you two before anyone else." Kagura smiled, looking at the large hunk of metal in his hands. The two kids raised their brows at the boy. "The one entrusted with this sword will forge the future of the village. y/n, Boruto, thanks to you, I was able to make up my mind."

"I was woken up for thi-?" y/n was cut off quickly.

"Aw, we didn't do anything." Boruto smiled with rosy cheeks, talking loudly as he put his hands behind his head.

"No, you spoke the truth. Blood ties don't matter and neither does 'fate.' I'm the one who decides how I live." Kagura explained, putting the sword on the sheath he wore on his back.

"Good for you, Kagura!" Boruto held his smile, kicking y/n a little.

"Yup, good work." The young girl yawned in the middle of her statement. "If you're gonna be the leader, the village will be in good hands."

"I hope I'm up to it..." Kagura looked down at the rippling water with sad eyes.

"We guarantee it!"  Boruto cheered, clenching his fists as he pumped them up. "You'll be fine!"

"It's strange. Hearing you say it, somehow I believe it." Kagura admitted, looking back up at the energetic blonde.

"Boruto's a good judge of people, you know. He just has that effect on everyone." y/n laughed a little as Boruto pouted jokingly, poking her with a childish look. Kagura let himself smile, laughing with the girl.

Sharp water came rushing for the kids and they looked over too late. The line split into three large circles surrounding the kids. One by one they fell into the water, the liquid resting at their waists.

"Son of a bi-" y/n was cut off when she was surrounded by a dome of water, along with Boruto and Kagura, who were stuck on the opposite sides of her. The domes that surrounded them rose into the air, showing them a familiar face on the balcony.

"We meet again, Kagura." The familiar pale man with sharp teeth and black hair had been revealed. He was their captor.

"You...!" Kagura leaned forward in his ball, resting his palms on the water. Boruto's eyes shot open as y/n glared. The bubbles popped and the three kids landed on their feet back on the water.

"Mr. Shizuma!" Kagura stated, looking up at the red-dressed blue-eyed sword user.

"Hey, Kagura... Along with y/n Uchiha and Boruto Uzumaki!" Shizuma smirked, looking down at the trio.

"You were at the harbor!" Boruto reminded, already recognizing the face.

"The name is Shizuma Hoshigaki. It seems my errand boys caused some trouble yesterday. Sorry about that." Shizuma apologized, the smirk still plastered on his face, as if he wasn't sorry at all.

"So the guys who kidnapped Denki were yours?" y/n questioned, clenching her fist at her side.

"Well, we beat them at their own game." Boruto stated, getting a little cocky as he offered a fake smile.

"The younger ones are riled up because of this senseless reconciliation policy." Shizuma smiled a little as he shut his eyes gently.

"What do you want?" y/n questioned, her trust for the man only went on for as far as she could spit. "You're entrance wasn't too entertaining."