Chapter 23

Y/N's POV

We were in Berlin. We were walking trough the hallways of Zemo's prison with a guard.

"We're going to go without you" Bucky told Sam.

"Why ?" Sam asked, slightly offended.

"You're an Avenger. You know how he feels about that" Bucky explained.

"It's not like you three were known for frolickin' in the sun together"

"He was obsessed with Hydra. We have history. Trust us" I told Sam calmly.

Bucky and I walked trough multiple doors until we finally made it to Zemo's cell. He was sitting in the dark, looking at us.

(Italic = Russian)

"Longing, rusted..."

My hand twitched, but I didn't notice. Zemo and Bucky noticed. Zemo gave Bucky a smirk.

Before Zemo could continue, I cut him off.

"Those days are over, that doesn't work anymore" I said.

"I know. I just wanted to see how the new you would react to old words" Zemo said as he walked towards the glass wall.

"For what it's worth I'm sorry. It was never personal. You were both just means to a necessary end" Zemo said, apologizing for his past crimes.

"Someone recreated the super soldier serum. We need to find out who" Bucky said getting straight to the point.

That sentence caught Zemo's attention.

"You are assuming Hydra has something to do with this. Which is why you came to me, which means you are desperate" Zemo said with a knowing smile. "Luckily for you, I know where to begin"

~

After we left Zemo, we made it to a garage with Sam. It was completely dark, there were no lights.

"What are you talking about ? You wanna break Zemo outta jail ? Have you two lost your minds ?!" Sam asked, shocked.

"We have no leads. He might" I explained.

"What we have is one of the most dangerous men behind bars"

"We also have eight super soldiers on the loose" Bucky added.

"Zemo's gonna mess with our minds. Especially yours Y/N, I've seen the footage. No offence"

"Offence" I said as Bucky opened the lights.

"Super soldiers go against everything he believes in. He is crazy, but he still has a code" Bucky said walking towards Sam and I.

"He blew up the UN. He killed king T'chaka and framed you two for it" Sam said reminding us of the baron's crimes.

"Can I walk you trough a hypothetical ?" Bucky asked.

"What did you do ?" Sam asked, angrily.

"Nothing. We didn't do anything" I said before Bucky began explaining his plan to break 'someone' out of the specific prison Zemo was in.

"The weakest point in any system isn't the software or the hardware, it's the meatware. The human element. Now, in this lockup, it's a nine to one, prisoners to guards. If two prisoners start fighting, then the protocol says four guards have to respond. If it escalates, lockdown procedures would have to be initiated and with all those bodies flying around left and right, wouldn't be hard to slip down a hallway or two. And if the fire alarm got tripped while the prisoners were being separated, someone could use the chaos to their advantage"