Chapter 38

Dust's P. O. V.
Dream tightly squeezed my hand as he groaned, giving one last push. Then you could hear the crying of the baby. I looked at Dream and he looked tired. "You did good," I quietly said. He smiled at me then said, "Thanks for staying here with me. I don't know what I would have done if you didn't stay."

He then let go of my hand as the doctor handed him the baby. The baby looked really small. "Hey, momma is here, you don't need to cry hun," Dream softly cooed. I gently smiled then felt a bit light headed. A nurse came over to me and said, "You're getting a bit pale, how about you sit down."

I nodded then took a seat as I looked at Dream, he was happily caring for the newborn. I began to not realize that I actually began to like him. I think more than friends. But I don't think he would like someone like me. Or someone who had killed their own brother out of spite to win against the human. I think that really hinders how something thinks of me. That's how it always has been.

Dream's P. O. V.
I lifted the sheet and let the baby breast feed. As I did, I could sense some negative aura coming from someone. I looked in the direction it was coming from and saw Dust. He was leaning forward, his arms on his knees as he had his hands together as he was looking at the ground. I hummed softly before saying, "Dust? You alright?"

He didn't respond. He must be pretty deep in his thoughts for him to not react. Maybe the birth was too much for him. I then saw him looking at me. He blinked a few times then said, "You alright? You look worried." "It's because I am worried about you." He looked surprised when I said that. "You don't need to be worried about me. I can handle myself."

"You were pretty negative. I didn't tap into your thoughts but I could tell it took most of your focus." He looked away then back at me before saying, "You don't think of me in a bad way right? If you do, is it because of my past?" "No, not at all." The doctor tapped on my shoulder then said, "I'll let you two have some time alone before I weigh him." I nodded as I saw the doctor and nurses leave the room.

I looked at Dust then said, "I don't think about your past but what you are now. You are a lot different now than your past." He looked pretty down even with what I told him. He looked at me then said, "You don't think of me as a murderer because of my past?" I shook my head then said, "No, of course not." I hummed, then added, "Can you come here?"

He nodded as he got up and walked over. I grabbed his sweater and pulled him closer to me. I pecked a kiss on his cheek then said, "I don't think of you like that. I find you funny and adoring. I want you to know that. I care about you and hearing you say that hurts." He then leaned down and kissed me on my 'lips'. It was gentle and sweet: I kissed back as he pulled away. He was blushing dark purple, the color of his blush was pretty. "Let me go to Nightmare's room and tell him." I softly chuckled, then said, "Alright."