Chapter 10

Cross's P. O. V.
Error told us a bunch of stuff. I couldn't believe he got to see Nightmare. I was astounded by that.

Error and I were able to leave the save screen. One thing I did notice is that Error's clothes were different.

I sat in the grass on an AU Error took us to. I looked at him and saw he sat down by me.

"When we saw each other again, I noticed your clothes were different. Did you make them or did someone give them to you?" I asked.

He looked at me then said, "Well, it's a long story. One minute I was fighting off Ink to keep the balance, then the next, I got teleported to an interesting place."

"What do you mean interesting?"

"Well, it was something that I don't recall seeing. I would have recognized the code for this but I didn't. I saw someone who...who looked like me."

"Like you?" I asked, looking at him confused.

He nodded then said, "I'm pretty sure I was transported to a different Multiverse."

"What?"

"It's hard to explain. There are different versions of us. I acknowledged that but I wasn't expecting to actually meet them."

"Oh ok. So, they gave you the clothes?"

"No."

"Then why are you telling me that?"

"Just in case it happens again."

"Oh.."

"I actually got these clothes from Ccino."

"Ccino? I didn't know he made clothes."

"No, he didn't but someone he knows made clothes for me and the rest of us. Even for Dream and Blue."

"You're kidding."

"Nope. This new outfit is a lot more comfortable than my last pair of clothes."

I hummed softly then said, "I thought there would be a scarf with that."

He stayed silent for a few seconds then said, "I thought so too. The other scarf I always wore is back in my room now."

There was silence between us. Something felt nice being around someone you have known for a few years is comforting. Even if it was silent, it was nice to have the company around.

"So," I started, breaking the silence. "When the rest of us get back together, can we get our new clothes?"

I heard a soft chuckle come from him. I've never heard a chuckle from him before..well I have but, not like this one. He sounded relaxed. He sounded calm.

"Sure. Actually, let's go get Nightmare and Dream. They probably are still in their AU."

I got up then said, "Yeah, then let's get Dust, Horror, and Killer. Well, if Killer doesn't decide to murder someone."

Error shrugged then stood up. He opened a portal, I followed him through. I widened my eyes to see the village was pretty broken down.

Buildings were destroyed, some standing but they looked like they were about to collapse. And the tree, it was chopped down, laying on the ground by the stump.

"What happened while I was gone?" Error quietly asked.

"Who knows but we got to make sure that they are ok."

He nodded then led me over to their home. I was expecting a bigger home because they are princes. It was a small house, it almost looked like a trailer house but made out of white and grey bricks.

He knocked on the door then opened it. We saw Nightmare on the ground, dry heaving while Dream was behind him with a glass of water.

Error's P. O. V.
I quickly went to Nightmare's side, he glanced at me then back at the ground. He was still in his passive form.

I could tell something didn't feel right. Something felt off. Suddenly, Nightmare threw up. I backed away from him and looked away. I heard him gagging and coughing.

I knew something wasn't right, I just knew it. I knew it. I should have reacted to it and not letting it happen. I looked back to see him lying on the floor, his back facing away from what he had thrown up.

I looked at what he had thrown up and widened my eyes. He threw up something purple with a slight cyan tint as well..that's probably his own magic.

I scooted closer to him. I saw Dream hand him a cloth then he got up to wipe up the mess. I looked at Night. He glanced at me again. His gaze didn't change off of me.

He tried sitting up; I quickly helped him. I put him on my lap, he then leaned on me, leaning most or all of his weight on me. I wrapped my arms around him then looked at him.

He used the cloth to wipe his face, he then tossed the cloth off to the side. He looked at me. His eyelights were shaking as he looked at me. He seemed to be in pain.

"Boss?"

I looked and saw Cross squatting by me and Night. Night looked at him. He didn't say anything, he just looked.

Nightmare's P. O. V.
Damn, they know about my illness now. I didn't want them to know. Well shit.

I could see the look on Cross's face, he looked worried. I don't know if my vision is fucking around with me but, his eyelights were a bit crossed. Huh, how ironic.

I heard footsteps. I looked and saw Dream holding a towel then he started to wipe up the magic I had thrown up.

I looked at Error. He too was worried. His expression and aura said the same thing. Worry. There also was something else. Guilt. Why would he feel guilty? Did he know this would happen?

"Night, are you ok?" Error softly asked me.

I tried to speak but nothing came out. I sighed then gently shook my head. He looked more concerned now.

It was really comforting that he was holding me close to him, kinda like an embrace. I— I honestly liked it. He was holding me so gently, like I was some fragile item that was so dear to him.

"How about we get you and Dream back to the castle."

I gently nodded then looked at Cross. He still seemed concerned. I guess this is what happens when you have a team that actually cares.

Error's arms slowly moved off of me. I looked at him then I saw him pick me up, bridal style. I wrapped my arms around his neck then looked at Cross.

He stood up then looked at us. He softly chuckled.

"You two look like a couple," Cross said.

I felt my face become a bit flushed. I looked at Error and his face was softly coated with a blue and yellow blush. Seeing him blush made me blush more. I then hid my face on his shoulder. I suddenly felt him taking us somewhere.

Something about him and this moment felt right. Like this is how it should have been since the very beginning.