Chapter 40

Third person perspective
Error held Night's hand as he had his head resting on the handle on the medical bed. He wanted to spend every last minute with him. Something floated in his soul though, it was a sense of hope. He didn't know why there was this feeling, but all he knew was that he hoped that this feeling would come into play.

"Hey," a sudden but soft and gentle voice said. The glitchy skeleton glanced over toward the door to see Dream with a baby carrier. He walked over and quietly said, "Is he doing ok?" Error slowly nodded, then said, "Yeah, at least he's in a more stable condition than how he was a few weeks ago."

Dream pulled a chair by Error and sat down, setting the baby carrier on the ground. "How are you and Dust getting along?" The glitchy skeleton asked. "We're getting along great. At first, Dust seemed a bit unsure but I can tell he's relaxed. He even helps take care of Pally," the positive prince said with a slight positive tone and a gentle smile.

"Glad you two are getting along well," a quiet but husk voice said. Both Dream and Error looked at Nightmare to see his eye open. "Hey brother, how are you feeling? Any better?" Dream softly asked, gently rocking the carrier. He slowly nodded before saying, "Kinda actually. It's nice to be feeling a little better." "Well, I'm glad you are," Error softly said, standing up off of the chair. He leaned down and softly pecked a kiss on Night's cheek. He then sat back down then softly said, "I love you babe." Night smiled back then said, "I love you too sweetheart."

Then there was a knock at the door. The three of them looked to see Sci and a young girl with him. "Hey you three, is it ok if she joins us? She is learning to be a nurse," Sci asked. Dream looked at Error then at his brother. "That's fine with me," Night said, looking at the doctor and soon to be nurse.

They walked in and Sci logged onto the computer. "We're going to be doing the basics before loading up some blood tests that were done." After he signed on, he stood up then glanced at the soul rate monitor and blood pressure. He typed them down then said, "They seem to be good." Night nodded as he leaned his head toward Error. Error lifted his other hand and began to gently pet his head. The student nurse saw the three then asked, "Are you three a family if you don't mind me asking?"

The yellow sweater prince looked at the student nurse before saying, "I'm Nightmare's brother, Dream. Who's by me is Error, he's my brother's boyfriend." She seemed to gently smile before saying, "It's nice to meet you all. It seems like you just had a baby, Dream." "Yeah, he's so precious. I feel like I would do anything to make sure he's alright."

Hearing those words fall out of the prince's mouth made his brother's soul ache with sadness. It reminded him of his own son.

"Wait, am I seeing this right?" Sci asked himself. Everyone looked at him with a confused glance. He seemed excited but also unsure. He looked at Night with wide eyes then said, "It appears that your health is a lot better." Night lifted his head then said, "Wait, are you serious?" "It appears so but we want to double check with another blood test and a few biopsies to make sure."

~~~

Those tests seemed to be true. Nightmare was getting better. It had been a few months by now and Night was wheeling around in a wheelchair. He's doing what he can to get around, along with the help of his boyfriend, brother, and his friends. He could walk but it was for a short amount of time. He was glad it was something rather than nothing.

He was sitting on the sofa in the living room, looking at the wall before looking at a painting. This painting was a picture of him, his brother, Error, Dust, Horror, Lust, and Cross. He gently smiled as he lightly tilted his head before he heard a yell. He looked at the direction it came from. He got up and sat in the wheelchair before wheeling over to where he heard it.

He saw Cross on the ground on his stomach and Horror having his foot on his back. "I won and you said you would," Horror said, smirking and lifting his foot off of his back. "Oh fuck you. You knew what I was going to do," Cross said, standing up. "Yeah, it worked to my advantage." He then threw his hands up in the air before walking away.

"What happened this time?" Nightmare asked, not too surprised by their behavior. "Cross wanted to roughhouse a little and I had a feeling what he was going to do. And so, I won and he got a little pissy." "Eh well, Cross is still kinda like a kid in some ways." "Yeah, I think it's because of his AU that led him to be like that though. Some trauma from it." "I agree with that."

Lust then walked up to Horror and softly pecked a kiss on his cheek. The one eyed skeleton looked and gently smiled before returning it with a kiss on Lust's cheek.

Nightmare decided to give the two, to some alone time as he wheeled away. Soon, his arms began to feel tired from wheeling himself around. Suddenly, he felt himself being wheeled. He looked behind him to see Error. "Babe, you don't have to wheel me, I can do it myself," Night softly said, resting his hands on his lap. "Well, I could tell your arms were getting tired so I decided to wheel you."

They soon arrived in the living room. Error then wheeled him by the sofa. He helped him to sit on the sofa before he tried to find something in his pants pocket. Night looked at him confused before asking, "What are you doing?"

The glitchy skeleton looked at him then said, "Trying to find something...oh, there it is." He then looked at his boyfriend then took a deep breath. "You ok?" The king softly asked. He nodded, then said, "Night, I love you, so, so, so much, and I want to be with you for the rest of my life."

Error then got onto one knee and pulled out a small box that also was known as a ring box. He opened it to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. "I was wondering if you wanted to marry me. To be my loving husband for the rest of our lives."

Night lifted his hands up to his mouth as he softly gasped. He didn't know what to say, he was surprised. "Yes, of course I would marry you." He then stood up as his now known fiancé, stood up as well. He then put the ring on his finger before Night wrapped his arms around Error's neck as they softly kissed.

There was a quiet applause when they kissed. They looked to see everyone that was there. Horror, Lust, Dream, Dust, and Cross. They all seemed so happy. "You finally popped the question," Cross said, resting his arms on the back of the sofa. "I guess I did, didn't I?" Error said, looking at Night.

They smiled at each other before Night softly whispered, "How about we have some fun in our room. Just use protection this time babe." He chuckled then whispered, "Alright, let's go to our room and I won't forget this time."