Chapter 37

Nightmare's P. O. V.
I woke up to hear the beeping of the soul rate monitor in the hospital. I opened my eye and looked to my right. I saw the window, in front of it was a vase with flowers. They were of my favorite colors, purple and blue with some small white flowers and greenery. I still can't believe my brother went out of the way to do that.

"Oh, you're awake," someone said. I looked to my left at the door and saw Sci. I nodded, then said, "Yeah, is my magic level normal or are they low." He hummed as he looked at his clipboard. "They still are a bit low." He then walked over to the computer and logged on. "I'm just going to do another check up before helping you into the shower." I nodded as I got asked questions of how I was feeling. It honestly felt like thousands of questions but I understand they want to be thorough to make sure they know what to do.

~~~

Dream's P. O. V.
I hummed as I felt the baby kick and push on my stomach. I softly groaned out in pain as I placed one hand on my stomach and the other on the bed. I suddenly heard a knock on the door as it opened. It revealed it to be Dust. Once he saw me, he looked worried.

"Are you ok?" He asked, walking over to me. I gently nodded then said, "Yeah, the baby is giving me some pain and kicking my bladder causing me to piss myself a little sometimes." He hummed, then said, "It's been nine months right?" "Yeah, I should be going into labor here pretty quick." He nodded, then said, "Do you want to go to the hospital. You can visit your brother and we can see when you're having the baby and to be prepared."

I gently smiled at him then said, "Yeah, I think that's a good idea." He sat by me and we talked. I'm not going to lie but I kinda like him. More than a friend. I don't know if he wants to be in a relationship or if he even likes me in that way. I think telling him how I feel would make me feel better but I'm also nervous of him turning me down.

"Dream? Are you ok? Your staring," Dust said, waving his hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts. I felt my face softly flush as I said, "Yeah, I was thinking." He looked concerned as he gently placed his hand on my shoulder. "Are you sure?" I nodded, then said, "Yes, I'm sure."

I suddenly gasped as I felt my water break. I groaned out in pain before standing up. Dust looked at me confused then looked at the bed. I looked at it and saw that the side of the bed was wet. "Your water just broke, didn't it?" He asked. I nodded then said, "Yes. Can you please help me to the hospital?"

He nodded and helped me through a portal to the hospital. He checked me in and the nurse led us to the room. I had to stop a few times because of contractions. Once we were in the room, the nurse hooked me up to some machines.

After, Dust walked over to me and we talked for a little bit. It was nice to hear his voice, he sounded worried but also calm. It was very soothing. Soon a male doctor came in and lifted the blanket to see if I was ready to give birth. He looked at me then said, "You're ready to have the baby."

I looked toward Dust and he seemed uncertain. He then began to walk away. "Dust, wait," I said. He looked at me, and he looked like he was wondering what I was going to say. "Please, can you be here? I feel like I need someone here. Someone like you." I saw a soft hue of purple blush coat his cheek bones before he walked over to me.

"Ok, I'll stay here. I just hope I don't pass out." I chuckled as the doctor moved the blanket then said, "I'll get a few nurses and we can start with the birth."